Is there any way to get rid of suicidal thoughts?

talk to your school counselor, or even me, contact me at my message thing on my page, or my email ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
talk to anyone you trust. you have a long life to live please dont take your life. please talk to someone. maybe even a parent.

No, I just want to know how to stop thinking about it. Like is there anyway to make it go away?

not that i know of.

Ya, that's what I was afraid of.

If I were you I would set up an appointment with a professional counselor, I know the counselor's at my school aren't exactly helpful. It's good to have someone to talk that is totally non-judgmental and who can actually suggest things that help.

My braindump:

Fetch some books about the subject, and about various aspects of life of which you think you have troubles dealing with or understanding, start reading, get some mental luggage about the subject, create some better understanding about things, this will bring great insight and it will make you stronger and more self-secure. Oh, and you might want to DO some things too (instead of just reading), especially those things that are scary (I mean, if you're scared then you're just scared, it's just a feeling, nothing really happens, but don't get scared of being scared), this will provide in growth and development by mere experience instead of theory, this is very valuable. Also you may want to get professional help, talk to somebody (anybody) about your challenges, they may be able to help or give advice (or just listen, simply talking about it, a form of expression, is already helping you). And whenever these thoughts come you may want to respond in thought or verbally with "No, I don't want this, I choose life and I'll deal with all of its challenges, I am capable and okay" or whatever works for you.

Bottom line is that you will need to start investing in yourself, get informed, get experienced, learn how to make the right choices, learn what works and what doesn't work for you, have the guts to let go of the things that don't work for you. Here lies a big secret to a happy life. Remove things that don't work, or stress factors (can be people, environments, situations, etc.), which is sometimes scary because it creates space, room, or emptiness (or boredom because you now have more time to spend but nothing new to spend it on yet). But there where there is nothing, there is room for anything, let yourself be surprised of the things that will come on your path.

If not succeeding don't give up too easily, just keep on trying, there are 84.000 different paths to enlightenment (or call it growing up), and life will get better already after a first step, as long as you'll keep making next steps. Try to see the challenge in dealing with challenges ;-)

And oh, some things you simply cannot change, then there's the lesson of surrendering and acceptance to be learned.

Some other stuff: Are you eating well? Get enough vitamines and stuff? Check out: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2006/jan/15/socialcare.food

And maybe this will help too: http://www.comh.ca/publications/resources/pub_cwst/CWST.pdf

Good luck with the game here on earth and take care!

I have a same problem with you. I usually use it for another use, example: writing.
I do feel it help me a lot because it made me not afraid of this thought.
It's not really have to be a diary if you're afraid to be founded out. Something abstract like poem or story may help.
You could type it in the computer and lock it too, whatever you want to.
But talking about it may help, the matter is, finding the right person to talk to.

i think bout it all the time to and it sucks. life sucks! i ran away a few times, just to get away but its hard! and then when i come home its not good. did you ever figure it out for yourself? like i can't do anything when thats all i think bout. i hope your ok and i wish you happiness.

i know exactly how you feel, ive also run away from home before. I have been having suicidle thoughts but its important that you dont act on them! It is possible that you may have a form of depression, do you have any other symptoms eg. Lack of energy restless sleep cant concentrate? If so you maybe need to talk someone i know its hard to talk to a school nurse or a parent especially when they wont listen so try and talk to a close friend or boyfriend/girlfriend and they can give you support. You can also talk to me because i am going through the same problem.

To make this clear why people say go and talk to a professional is because there is a reason why you have those thoughts.
So for example....mental health (depression), not being able to cope, stress etc..
So by talking to a professional they will help identify why you have those thoughts and they can teach you strategies to overcome most issues and how to cope. If you don't feel comfortable with one person go talk to another person!

Back to your question... there is an quick fix way to get rid of suicidal thoughts when you have those thoughts - distract yourself
So things like: reading, going for a walk, hot/cold shower, writing how you feel, going out with friends, watching a movie, listening to music, etc
You will have to find what distraction works for you.

But for a long term fix... going to speak to a professional is your best option =)

i want to suicide because of getting older face at the age of 22 and i can not bear my pain that is create my cronic depression

Every person in this world has value,

every person has skills every person has worth.

YOU have great worth, great talent, great passion. these are gifts.

Every single person comes up against things that are tough in life,

Every person deals with things that make them sad,

Every person at some point feels the way you do.

Here is the secret know who you are,   list all your good qualities

trust that you have wonderful qualities,

perhaps you play an instrument, a sport you have musical skills,

does that make someone who doesn't have those things less worthy?

NO because they may have other qualities, compassion, caring,

hardworking, trustworthy.

and you are worth a great deal.

Your intelligent your, interesting your compassionate. know your strengths.

If its the way you look that upsets you, know that there are people that will

either be more attractive, but  more importantly there are people who may be

less attractive. Don't let looks define who you are,  Do you think they are less worthy?

Absolutely not because everyone has gifts.its not how you look. Its who you are

Even if our life has been difficult, know that others, have at some

point felt the same way  as you at some time in there life.

Focus only on the good

If you need to talk to someone a counsellor, a parent, a teacher. Know that they have been there too,

They have felt sadness. they have had heartache.

But we have to be stronger,

wow i know there not helpful about anything

yes.... indeed! I have not found anything inspiring for me!