Medication poisoning didnt work, my husband find me and took me to hospital. Before that, I had few more attempts to end my life but none of them was successful. From time to time I felt like I was just woke up, and I was disgust with the things I have done. But most of the times I want to kill myself. Yes, I am suicidal, and I wonder is it menopause or is there more to it?

Frankly, you scared me a lot. I am not able to even imagine how your family must feel. If you are wondering, why dont you try to find an answer? Look, strange things are happening to woman in menopause, but suicidal thoughts and acts? Beside, you didnt tell anything about your family history in this matter. If you have positive family history in depression or in suicidal thoughts, maybe you will need to put more attention on this.

gill wrote:

I understand your message completely. I feel the same way. I think the medical community has failed us. This in not new, just ignored and brushed under the carpet. I know I am not crazy. This is a real deep dark feeling that should not be there for those of us who have people who need us and care about us. I guarantee if men went through the hot flashes, mood swings etc., there would be no severe depression!

When i began suffering from severe, suicidal depression five years ago, I was living at the peak of my life.

I was fortunate to have faith in God.

Let's talk about two things that are definitively connected with depression,
then a third one that is also linked but more rare.

1. Have you had an allergy test for DELAYED food allergies?
That was my number one step, and I suffered HELL for two years because I didn't take the
"maybe" foods seriously. Now no allergen is touched. Depression is no more. The black hole of torment I had for
four years is over with.

2. Menopause means low estrogen. Estrogen is involved in neurotransmitter balancing/modulating AND digestion.
Either estrogen may be the problem (yes, indirectly), or you can work it through digestion. I worked it through digestion
and have had remission. The low estrogen just had me work a bit harder, but not by much.

3. Brain tumors are rare, but can be a cause.

Clearly you have never suffered menopause. The way it is messing with my emotions, my health and now the doctors are rejecting me just as you are rejecting abiail38158. Maybe you want us to commit suicide as it makes your life easier....won't want a bunch of suicidal/homicidal up-setting you.