Hi., I was told that here is a risk of autoimmune disease developing after surgery of implantation of superficial breast. Has this been verified in everyday practice?

Hi, like any surgery, this operation has risk for inducing reaction to strange body present in organism. If autoimmune disease is initiated, immune suppressive drugs can be used to decrease activity of over reactive immune system. It happens in some patient, that implant even has to be taken out. But, other complications may develop as well. After surgery patient is more susceptible to haematoma, infection, liquid accumulation may occur. Necrosis develops if a tissue has no or poor blood supply. Implant rupture is probably the most serious side effect, and needs to be treated surgically.

As Adrianne has already answered your question I am pretty sure that you are scared now about the whole thing. I am not aware what is the main cause of your desire of this procedure but if there is a way to improve your self-confidence maybe you will give up on the surgery and realize how beautiful you and your body really are. Sometimes we do certain things in wrong periods of our life and making decision about this surgery could be one of those.

If you feel that you should do this because of yourself than fine, but if you are doing this because of someone else I would say it is ridiculous and you will probably be sorry later on.