I need some info on surgery on the heart or to be more precise my dad is supposed to have heart valve surgery for those valves are not working properly and as I understood his heart valves are not able to open completely causing less blood passing through and this is why he is scheduled for this surgery in the heart and I am pretty much concerned now with this. I would like to hear now what is this sort of surgery on the heart and how effective is it and what are his chances to keep on with normal life after the heart surgery is performed.

According to the symptoms you have mentioned it is more likely your dad has stenosis that is troubles with valves opening and this condition is usually caused by calcium deposits or scarring of the valves and all this makes his valves hard to get opened so there is not enough blood passing through the next chambers and that is why he needs to have this surgery on the heart or precisely it is called heart valve surgery so one or more valves needs to be repaired or replaced depends on how much serious his condition is but anyway if not treated properly and on time heart valve disorder may be life-threatening. If it is not that much serious than your dad would probably have heart valve repair in which manner it would work better afterwards but sometimes it needed to be replaced with a new valve and all this depends on how much serious heart valve damage is and this is something that usually is decided when the surgery has begun.