My cousin needs to go to aortic valve replacement. I know that this kind of surgery is not so dangerous and I don’t worry too much. Still, you never know what can happen. But I’m wondering how long can aortic valve replacement last? Would he need to have another one after few years?

I hear that doctors usually say that repaired valve can possibly last a lifetime but the most of patients will require a valve replacement within ten or fifteen years. Biological valves may last 15 years or longer, without decline in function. But mechanical valves are very durable and are designed to last a lifetime.

I have had two aortic valve replacements, the first I was given a tissue valve and after a year it leaked so after another year I was given a titanium valve which I have had for 18 years and still going strong

my brother passed away after 16 months of the valve replacement, he got infection and they werent able to save him. sometimes doctor's they dont save them in purpose

my aortic valve replacement is human and is in its 36th. year!

I am going in for a valve replacement. What was your experience. What kind of valve? Please tell me more. I am so scared!

Linda
I had a bovine (cow) valve to replace my aortic valve in 2003. In the next 1 to 4 years I will have another one installed.
I found that I was weak for 2 months after the operation but then I felt great. The success rate on these operations is very high and getting higher. You will be fine.
mcdiko

I had mine replaced with a bovine valve in 2008 Have it checked with ultrasound every year===so far so good=== some weakness is to be
expected at first but you will be fine in the long run. FKK

mine is a homograft I have had it 19 years...my first was mechanical..i got strep just after 4 years.

You'll be fine... I had open heart surgery four years ago,had my arotic valve replaced with a mechanical one. You'll be released with in a week,or soon as you can go to the washroom by yourself/poop,lol... Well wishes,you have nothing to worry about,this is routine surgery... ❤️

Mechanical Aortic valve in 1984. Dozens of 5K's, 10K's and 7 marathons later....Still going strong