I had heart surgery when i was a baby and they enlarged my aortic valve. Later, when I was 13, i had another one and they replaced the valve. I feel perfect and don't even conciser myself with a heart problem of any kind. I smoke bud on the weekends sometimes and I want to know if this is putting me in a bigger risk than everyone who is healthy and smokes.

I think you know the real answer for yourself and if anyone says it's fine, they are merely kidding you and themselves. That doesn't mean i'm TELLING you what to do. That decision needs to be made by you.

I am a smoker and also smoked weed for 12 years and i've had respiratory problems since birth. I'm in my 30's now and it has never caused me any problems. I'm physically fit and work-out, but i drink and smoke too. I gave up the weed purely because of the fact that it made me lazy and depressed.

HOWEVER i like you, am putting myself at a higher risk than other people by smoking weed and smoking in general!

So YOU and ME both know what we do is bad for the problems we have and don't kid yourself it ain't. But it's OUR decision!

Cheers
Sam

I think you are absolutely right. I don't really need to smoke and all but sometimes I just do it because it's around me. Noone is peer pressuring me and all but I mean if i dont want to cause any troubles to myself then I won't smoke anymore. It kind of is a matter of luck if you get a further problem or not but I am not willing to take the risk and see what happens...

One month ago I had my aortic valve replaced with a cow valves and a bypass also.

I do enjoy smoking weed on occasion but I am afraid it may damage or not be good

for my heart.

Please advise.

I'm concerned that if I smoke weed, will affect my aeortic valve badly. Anybody have any answers?