I love Maker’s diet. I suppose you have already heard of it. It is great, it is natural, it gives back the balance to your body. I am planning to start with it. I've heard that it isn't very strict, I think it’s actually way less strict than any other diet out there. I love that, since I love to eat and I could never limit or exclude many food categories at once. So did anybody here try this diet? Could you please tell me what foods will I need to avoid when I start with it? Thank you in advance.

Hi TinkerBell23

I am also considering Maker’s diet. If you have chosen to try it, please let me know how did that work out for you. I believe the results are going to be great, not only for the weight loss but for your overall health. As for the food you need to avoid, I’ve read some articles and here is what I remember:

You should avoid shrimps for example. Pork is also not allowed. That is because this diet promotes eating of what Jordan Rubin considers ‘’clean meats’’. That would be goat, buffalo, beef, lamb that are grass fed. If I remember of anything else I will let you know.

Hi TinkerBell23

Here is what I know.

You can not eat shellfish.   You can eat caviar but only if it is fresh and not preserved. You must avoid nuts fried in oil, but the raw ones you can eat. Grains are limited in this diet. All grains and its products must be organic. They need to be soaked for at least six hours before you cook them. You are very limited when it comes to oils. You are only allowed to use coconut oil for cooking.

You are allowed to use honey and date sugar, you cannot use any artificial sweeteners.