Hi, occasionally my face gets swollen and I can not determine what is causing it. At first I thought it was some allergy, now I suspect some irritant from cosmetic products. What are causes of facial swelling?

Facial swelling is characterized by accumulation of fluid in the face. The condition can even be extended to the neck and upper arms. It can be constant or appear and disappear when the cause is removed. Common causes of facial swelling include: obesity, allergic reaction like allergic rhinitis, hay fever, or a bee sting, conjunctivitis accompanied with swelling around the eyes, stye with swelling around the infected eye, severe malnutrition, in some cases of sinusitis, in burns or injuries of face, allergic reaction to aspirin, antipyretics, penicillin, sulfa, glucocorticoids, or other drugs, after some head or jaw surgeries, some forms of cellulitis, or in tooth abscess.