I am a 45 year old woman who smokes. In the last 2 weeks I have woke up with swollen throat glands. My glands are not swollen at the same time though; one day it's my left gland and the next day it's my right gland and this has repeated many times. My ears have also been bothering me somewhat. Can this be due to an ear infection or should I be worried about throat cancer?

you have an infection in your glans ..i have the same thing i was in the hospital for 24 hours getting treatment bummer but i am better now maybe you should see a docter ..dont worry i smoke to so i dont think its cancer

Hallo,
First you have to understand that chances of throat cancer are possible but they are very low. Have you noticed if you glands have any other symptoms except swelling? Is there any pain or any irritation associated with the glands? I think that ear pain and ear infection can be very likely the cause of the swelling in your throat. The glands react on every infection that you have. The thing is that you will have no swelling if you get rid of your infection in the body. Have you used any antibiotics for the infections? If you see a doctor you will most probably get a prescription for the antibiotics to treat the infection. Was this helpful in any way?