About a week ago I noticed that there was a small bump forming inside my labia. It has become very painful and swollen. It is only on one side. The bump is continuing to grow. My vagina has been very sore as well. I now have a cold sore forming on my lip and am wondering if the 2 things are connected. I have only been with my husband and we were both checked for STDs before we were married 3 years ago. Should I be concerned that this is something serious?

I'm only 17 but i was diagnosed with behcet's, the first time i had an outbreak i had open sores on my labia, it was like a cankersore only not in my mouth. Bechet's isn't a STD but a disease. Mine was only caused by genetics but some people have many outbreaks where i only get mine about once a year. I get cankersores all the time, which is connected to the bechets which could explain your coldsore, http://www.behcets.com/site/pp.asp?c=bhJIJSOCJrH&b=260548 read more here.