I discovered the other day when I woke up that I had a lymph node that was extremely painful and inflamed under my right armpit, at first I thought it was a spider bite or just a sebasceous cyst. I went to see a nurse practioner today at work about it and she said that it was a swollen lymph node, but here's what i'm worried about. I have pre-melanoma skin cancer and am getting surgery on Thursday to remove a good chunk of skin cells that had spread from a mole that was located on my head, to my scalp. Doctors said that it could turn into melanoma at any time, I know melanoma attacks your lymph nodes, and though I'm having surgery on Thursday, Ive had these cells for several months and within the past 4 days Ive had this swollen lymph node. I never had anything like it before, at least in that location (generally just neck). I work in a hospital so I know the possibilites of just bacterial infections or benign cysts, however, given my history, should I be more concerned?

Just to be clear, if it were cancer, it would be moving VERY fast so I don't believe it to be melanoma. Did you tell the nurse practitioner about it? Did you talk to your doctor about it when you're getting your skin taken care of?

Hi BB19, are you still around? I'd like to hear an update if you're still on the forums. I'd like to know how you're doing! Thanks :-)