Im a 32 YRold Male Ive had this pain in the left side for about 4 months now. Ive been for xrays, Bone Scan, and I even thought it might be a heart attack. This past week I went for a chest and shoulder MRI and it reveled that my lymph Nodes were a little inflammed around 2cm. Is this a cause for concern? The doctor said I shouldnt really worry about it but it is making me sick. Please help

Swollen lymph nodes are a sign of an infection. Lymph nodes contain cells that protect against infections, and when an infection occurs, they swell because there’s a bigger production of the cells. Lymph nodes themselves can also get infected and the condition is called lymphadenopathy but is often caused by an underlying condition.

Has your doctor suspected gastrointestinal causes of chest pain? If you suffer from reflux, gallstones, esophageal spasm, esophageal rupture, varicose veins of the esophagus, strictures of the esophagus, etc you are likely to experience chest pain.

Also, back and spine problems as well as other musculoskeletal problems can make you experience chest pain.

Do you experience anxiety attacks from time to time, are you under a lot of stress, etc….these are also some of the possible chest pain risk factors.

At first I thought it was a heart attack but they said my heart was fine. The pain is actually on the side of my chest between the outer part of the breast going down the side a little If you can understand what Im saying. Ive been for xrays, bone scans, nerve tests. Nothing. Then I went for an MRI and it revealed that my Lymph Nodes were inflammed in that area to about 2CM. The doctor I was seeing said not to worry but you know how it goes. I am itchy in that area and have been. Its been going on for about 4 months. Another thing is yes Im probably stressed cause Im a mail carrier for the post office and I also carry the bag on the shoulder. But I hate telling the doctors that cause then they say Oh thats the reason for the pain ok just switch arms. I did that and its still there now this Lymph Node thing has me worried sick. Physically I feel fine and can still walk my 7 mile route with ease but Im still very nervous. It gets kind of depressing