Please help me! On April 15th I was diagnosised with Lyme Disese I was give Rocephin and Doxycycline. At that time I noticed a lump on the left side of my collarbone right next to my throat. When I saw the doctor he said that it was probably just a swollen lymph node and that if I didn't feel better in a couple days to come back to the office. I have no insurance and no job at the moment so medical treatment is scarce. The lump or swollen lymph node is still the same. On May 9th I noticed that my voice starting getting hoarse. It has now been two weeks and I still have hoarseness that hasn't gotten any better or any worse. Also right now it feels like my arms and on fire from the inside. I have no idea what is the matter with me. I have been searching everywhere for an answer and still haven't found one. I am scared too death that this is some kind of cancer. I am only 24 and I don't drink or smoke.

The symptoms for this lyme disease are pretty similar to the ones you have when you catch a cold, which are nausea, headaches, stiff neck, musle pains, also you could feel the pain in your jaw etc. As this disease is caused by the bacterium, it is a kind of an infection and it is logical that the swollen lymph node could be the symptom for it, as well. Wherever you notice the enlarged node on your body, you should know that it indicated that something is going on in your organism.
Since you are taking the medications, I would make a guess that the feeling of burning in your arms could be the side effect of the drug, but you please check this out with your health care provider.
Are you sure this is a swollen lymph node and not something else? There is one more thing that might be developed in this area, although it is not common to occur at this spot of your body, it is a so called lipoma and is a collected fat tissue under your skin. This is harmless and you don’t have to worry about that, it can’t be cancer, but you still have to keep your eye on that one as well.

I know it's been a few years, but was the diagnosis correct? Was it lyme disease? I have swollen lymph nodes, and starting with a cough and occasional hoarseness, and occasional burning in the arms. As well as occasional redness and swelling of the feet and ankles.
Have a lot of testing ahead of me.........