Hey everyone.

I am so glad that I found this site because I really need your help. My friend is reading this site all the time and she told me that you guys helped her a lot when she had problems with her pets.

I am having problem with my cat. Three days ago I got some results from the vet and I saw that she was diagnosed with swollen lymph nodes. I don’t know so much about it and that is why I am really scared.

Can you tell me what is the best treatment for swollen lymph nodes in cats?

Hey CoCo,

Don’t be scared, now that you know that she has swollen lymph nodes, the only thing left for you to do is to treat them.

First of all, your vet needs to figure out the cause of this so he can make the right treatment. The causes usually include bacteria, viruses, or the problem with the cat’s immune system.

In most cases, this can be easily treated with antibiotics. But, if the cause of the swollen lymph nodes is more serious, like a situation in which cancer caused them, than you need to consult your vet about what to do next.

Hi CoCo,

Do you know what zoonotic diseases are?

Zoonotic diseases are those diseases which can be passed on from dogs and cats to people. There are types of infections which cause swollen lymph nodes that are zoonotic. Your vet needs to check this out as soon as possible because if the cause really is a zoonotic disease, you will need to take some precautions in order to stay safe from this disease yourself.

I honestly don’t know a lot about the treatment for swollen lymph nodes, but I have heard that antibiotics are the main treatment because this is usually caused by bacteria. A high protein diet is also advised but does play a very important role here.

Hey guys,

I’ve seen a lot of people talking about swollen lymph nodes throughout the web. I guess I’m lucky for not having to deal with them in my cat.

Since this is not a specific disease but more of a lesion, it’s really hard to recommend any medication for it.  You vet will have to plan the treatment based on the results of all the tests that he is going to do or which he has already done.

I believe that he is probably going to prescribe you some antibiotics, but still, the choice of medications will be based on the results of the tests.

Tnx God I am not dealing with this problem in my cat. She is unfortunately very sick, but so far I didn’t have experience with it.

I agree that a lot of people are seeking for solution and the treatment for swollen lymph nodes in cats. I am one of them because I don’t know can this happen to my cat and when. Even if I do know that I am taking a real good care of her.

I know that the only way to treat is by using some medications. Nothing else can be that helpful.  Consult your vet.

Hey. The best treatment depends on the cause of swollen lymph nodes in cats. This requires tests. The test is pretty much simple way to obtain some good information from enlarged lymph node. This test is very simple – the needle is gently inserted into the enlarged lymph node. After this, the sample goes under the microscope and that is just one way that can help your vet determine what is the best treatment. Usually, treatment requires medications and proper diet program. When your cat is struggling with swollen lymph nodes it can be really hard process for both of you. But you need to show your cat that she has your love and your attention.

Hey everyone. I am having a really hard time with my vet about this situation. And I still don’t know what to do. My mom lives in France and she told me that I should come over because she has some amazing vet who could help me. The health of my cat is getting worse every day, every minute and I think that there is no much help from my vet. He prescribed some antibiotics to my cat but she is refusing to take them. When I told him this issue he told me that this is normal and that I should wait. I don’t know what should I wait since I am desperate.

Hey CoCo,

Why don’t you try to put those antibiotics in her food or something? I honestly think that antibiotics make the best treatment for swollen lymph nods, unless they are caused by feline leukemia or cancer, of course.

My cat had swollen lymph nodes but they were caused by bacteria. In most cases nowadays, swollen lymph nodes are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics and a dietary change.

I took my cat to the vet to do some tests, and after the results were there, my vet prescribed some antibiotics for my cat and he made some small changes in her diet. After about two weeks, my cat was better.

Hey, I am really sorry because you and your cat are going through this. That vet is really irresponsible, it makes me mad. VERY MAD!

It is a little bit risky to travel with your cat to the France. Come on, let’s be positive. There are so many good vets around you. All you need to do is to find them.

About the antibiotics – when your cat refuse some antibiotic you should find alternative with your vet, some other medications.

You can try put meds in the food if you already haven’t tried it.

Maybe she won’t refuse it.  Good luck and be strong!