i am 16 years old and just shaved off all of my pubic hair for the first time. the next day after shaving a lot of stubble began to appear. this stubble is very irritating because of its sharpness, especially between my inner thigh and scrotum. i was wondering how long it will take for the stubble to go away and for it to stop being irritating and also how long it will take for my hair to grow back.i have decided i do not want to shave anymore because it is to much upkeep.

In the same boat! Any answer? How long will it take to grow back? Anything I can do in the mean time?

Week or two. (I'm a girl, 17, shave all the time.)

My boyfriend had the same problem tho..

Don't worry.. it goes away. For now, get something like jergens. It makes your hair softer.. and I know this is gonna sound weird, but use conditioner on the hair.. o_O; Like, now. it makes is softer, and less likely to poke you! :)

Hey, i just did the same thing yesturday, its sooo anoyin.

dude word, i just did that sh*t and it hurts like crazy, im like constantly itchy now.

yeah i have only shaved twice and it chafes soo bad, so i just started trimming since then :-P

ive been shaving down there since like august and havent had this problem but i wanna know is does any else have like hair on the actual shaft? honestly, am i just a hairyer person then most guys then, because i have hairs on the shaft and i'm afraid if i keep shaving them they will come in darker and thicker, right now they are kinda like clear you know and thin, they get a lil long...

i dont have any hair on my shaft

make sure u have a "boner" b4 u shave, then it's easier to shave the shaft

dont worry i did the same thing, i now trim!

I did the same thing. How long does it take to grow back??

I recently shaved my balls and it feels pretty nice but i trim my pubes i use scissors and a comb it is much easier and pretty even however i shaved off bit at top of balls and now it looks stupid lol I think it will take about 2 weeks for some proper hair growth but i personally wouldnt worry about it its your body after all and if u dnt try then u will never know....

I have all so shaved my pubes because they itch and now there are small hairs that stab me and they itch even more so don't shave ur pubes it is pointless

Pick the right shaving cream. For this sensitive body zone be sure to get and use a good shaving cream or gel, using soap is definitely out. Brave Solider, Brave Shave (read review) is specifically made for male body shaving, and softens the hair follicle for a smoother shave.
The right razor makes the world of difference. Don't use straight, cheap disposables or you'll be left with cuts and nicks. Don’t use a regular electric razor made for the face. Instead, use a razor with a pivoting head and multiple blades to give you a smooth, close shave.
Take the length off. If you use your razor first you'll be likely to pull hair and cause irritation and also wear down the blade before shaving. So first trim hair down short by using the shortest guard with hair clippers or placing a comb flat on the skin and trim over comb with scissors.
Take a warm shower or bath. 5 - 10 minutes of the heat and steam will make skin and hair more relaxed and pliable.
Exfoliate. Removing dead skin cells with give a closer shave by using a mild body scrub or your favorite body wash with an Ayate washcloth (compare prices).
Shaving oil is your friend. The oil moisturizes skin and creates a barrier so the razor glides easier instead of dragging. On top of that shaving oil helps prevent razor rash, red irritation and ingrown hairs- all big offenders in the pubic area (compare prices).
Apply shaving cream or gel. Skin needs to be damp, but not overly wet. Work the product in circles with a shaving brush to help lift hair and get a closer shave. Without a brush, simply use your hands.
Shave with a fresh blade. First go in the same direction of hair growth and then in opposite direction without going over the same area too many times. (Holding skin taut does help give you a closer shave, but may irritate skin.) Only shave on your skin, not your genitals (read tips).
Clean blade. Rinse the blade from the front back and sides between strokes. A clogged razor won’t remove hair well.
Final rinse. Rinse area to remove all traces of shaving gel or cream. Then pat dry with a soft towel.
Hydrate. Apply a light, unscented lotion or aftershave lotion.
Fight irritation and bumps. In this area because of thick and curly hair, it has a tendency of getting ingrown hairs. Tend Skin (compare prices) can help with razor rash, irritation, bumps and ingrown hairs.

I did the same thing and it itches really bad but i used petrollium Jelly and rubbed it on there and now it doesn't itch so far.