Hi guys,

I need some advice... Last Saturday, I decided to shave my pubic hair for the first time. All I did before was purely trimming.. Im 26 years old now.
After shaving, i put some talcum powder.. But now, my skin is soooo freaking itchy and there's some kind of red thing on my skin. I know, i should have researched before doing this but i just found out today that its not good to shave your pubic hair using a razor.. :( Is this okay?? or what do i need to do now.. its really itchy..

hey guy,

its hard to say anything without seeing exactly what your talking about however it sounds like u have ingrown hairs. this is very common while using a razor and they usually go away in a few days.  you can try putting some aftershave lotion or other gentle soothing lotion on on the area to releave the itching.

Let me know if it gets any better or worse. thanks

Its possible that you might've shaved too close against the grain and caused some mild irritation. It should be fine, you just may have a rash. Try using some aloe lotion to sooth the irritation

Girls like clean balls so i do it.But I apply aftershave or soothing cream.It hurts bit @ the first.but aftershaves works well.

zinc cream is also really good for that area (irritations, cuts) its a cream used for protecting babies bottoms. read the package first though.