Hello. I'm a 16 year old girl and in the beginning of January I started shaving my pubic region. At first it itched like hell and drove me nuts, I did research and found out its normal. I don't get itching so much now but I do still get tiny red dots where the hair would be if it was still there. I'm not sure how to get rid of it, does anyone know ?

I've heard of inbred hairs etc, is this it ? If so, how do I get rid of it ?
I've also read about shaving in a certain direction.. I don't really have a certain direction I shave in. I shave in any and all directions because if I don't then I don't get all the hairs and always get left with stubble. Is this wrong ? If it is then is there another way to shave so I don't get stubble left or these red dots?

On a lot of sits I've come across while researching about shaving in the private area, people always talk about moisturisers and exfoliants etc. What do these really do ? Do they actually help ? If they do, can anyone provide names of moisturisers and exfoliants that I can look up?
After I've shaved and dried myself I gently rub the area in Johnsons Baby Oil with Aloe Vera. It stings a bit sometimes, but it makes it extra soft.

No matter how much I shave, I'm always left with the tiniest patches of stubble around the clitoris and above the lips. I shave in every direction possible but it's not the easiest area to get the hair. Any tips ?

Any help is very much appreciated.
Emma.

I get this too. I'm 18 and use hair removal cream, but before/during the hair is growing back i get red dots everywhere and my crotch area is generally really itchy.

I also find it extremely hard to get those parts above the clitoris on the edge of the outer lips, but hair removal cream makes that a lot easier. (:

Start off by getting into a warm shower to soften the hair.

Try using hair conditioner to make the hair even softer.

Then only shave with the grown (down). That should minimize the ingrown hairs.

hey i had the same problem but i put antibacterial cream (tcp) on as i couldnt take the itching any longer and it stopped straight away! the bumps have become smaller and calmed down and the itching has stopped!

I have this too but i'm a guy and it itches like crazy !! Is it normal ? How do i get rid of them !!??