Hi, im 16 yrs old and last week, i decided for the first time to shave my pubic hair region. I dont rlly know why? But my friends had said that girls prefered it this way. So i took my Gillete Shavor (Not electric) and began 2 shave. I have just left a little few pubic hairs around my penis now. But once i had finished shaving i started experiencing redness, and itching, like little red dimples scattered around my pubic area. They itch like hell at night, and are very irritating.

I think this might just be from shaving for the first time in a sensitive area? Is their any creams or lotions u could name that might help get rid of this rash thank you. Or what it could be, just 2 easy my mind... ty

It is probably folliculitis. This condition occurs when hairs become ingrown under the skin instead of growing out. Skin bacteria may infect the area and in return you get these little red pimple-like bumps that have white dots on top, just like little zits.
It is no big deal, it would go away on its own in a few days. Just don’t touch it too much, sometimes it may spread by dirty hands and touching other skin parts.
If you have an antibiotic cream, you may apply on the area but it is not necessarily as this is a self-limiting condition.
I do the area as well but I never shave. I use my electric shaver and trim them, so that they are cut and small instead of bushy.
If your condition persists, you may see a GP or a dermatologist for an antibiotic but I don’t think it will.
Razors are nasty because they are very likely to make ingrown hairs as they cut the hair and it may get stuck under the skin.

uhh i shaved mine and these little red dots appeared like immediately..how logn till they go away? also how fast does it grow back cause its growing back kinda sharpish and the hairs are all pricky and it hurts like a mother.

hello im 12 years old and i never had any sex activities am i virgin but in one day i found red bups around my legs and vagina
i dont know what is it!

ive been shaving down there since like august and havent had this problem but i wanna know is does any else have like hair on the actual shaft? honestly, am i just a hairyer person then most guys then, because i have hairs on the shaft and i'm afraid if i keep shaving them they will come in darker and thicker, right now they are kinda like clear you know and thin, they get a lil long...

I just did this yesterday went for the ''First Shave'' I was bored and ye I WILL NOT be doing it again. its ichy and annoying and yes iv have began to get a rash also.. my best advice for you is it leave it alone and it will be gone soon.

I'm 19 and I have been shaveing mine for years, i get the bumps the day after and they last about a day or two, i have just learned to live with it. My girlfriend once used this stuff called fuzzy wuzzy shave cream and she reported no irritation? maybe try a shave cream for very sensitive skin to lessen the irritation, also use a very good razor, i have one of those 4 blade gillettes and it works wonders. :-)

PS hair on the shaft is perfectly normal, i have it and it has not gotten darker or heavier, though i have found that shaveing the 'sac' works best after you shave the rest and rinse it all clean and dry off. Mine seem to just dodge the razor :-( and yes *most* ladies like it...

hey thanks everyone for writing some of this stuff...i tried shaving it yesterday (seemed like a good idea at the time) and im always paranoid of everything...i got a rash, there were little red bumps, and i got worried that it would get infrected, and the hair might not grow back (i look back now and realize how stupid i was :-P ) and anyways yeah, i was glad to get some confirmation

at least its smooth-(ish) down there :-P

i shaved using a bic disposable razor just above my thing, not on it yet..

the hair grows back sharp and lots of little dots.. it was smooth for about a day. now a while later, like 3/4 days later i shaved it again using another razor, same kind and the hair was short and sharp, with dots all around it i shaved it and now the dots are still there, hair is super short, when i stroke it is so sharp. its annoying :-P if i leave my pubic hair for like 1/2 weeks then shave it do you think these dots will go. or will they keep coming back

I have the same red bumbs, i just did it yesterday and it is not hurts like a mother, how soon does it go away?

I'm a guy and I shaved my pubic hair for the first time yesterday. I liked it at first but after about a day it started getting really irritated and there's red bumps and what I think is ingrown hair all over the place. My questions are these:

How long until these bumps fade?

Do the ingrown hairs go away quickly?

And I know people say that the irritation goes away with time, so is it really safe to continue shaving even with those red bumps?

Thanks!

OMG what have i done i shaved my pubic hair and now its realy iritating is there any thing i can do to sooth it

I am a Nurse and used to do work in a laser Hair Removal clinic. If hair really bothers you or you want to be smooth without bumps or constant shaving, you should try it. You can use a numbing cream with benzocaine or lidocaine in it for sensitive areas. (apply about 1-2 hours prior and cover with saran wrap, and ONLY with a doctor's approval / order of course!) The hair has to be dark for most lasers. You shave before the treatment because The laser light is attracted to the darkness in the hair. It follows the hair to the follicle (Through the skin about 1-3 millimeters). The hair follicle is basically heated to the point of burning it enough to kill it. The pain is split second and stops the second it starts. hurts more on thicker hair. Because hair grows in cycles you need about 5 or so treatments to get 80 - 90% of the hair. I almost never need to shave anymore! maybe once a month or so for a very few stragglers. Hair on the face and neck is usually treated every 7-10 weeks, on the torso, arms,underarms and and bikini area about every 10 - 13 weeks and hair on the legs about every 11 - 14 weeks. times may vary with different lasers. and, Yes, you can remove hair form the most private areas of the body, basically every where except the area under the eye brows, on top of the hear, and nasal passages. (The laser tip, about 7 x 7 mm or 4x4 mm has to lay flat on the surface area being treated. After the treatments hair will shed over the next 10 days or so and then there will be some time where you may not grow hair for a while. It usually starts growing back in about a week or so before your next treatment is due. Hair usually comes back in thinner or lighter incolor, so even with a treatment or two one sees some improvement.

I use electric clippers to shave my pubic hair. It does the job almost the same as a normal razor but obviously there are some very small hairs that don't get fully trimmed.
I used a normal razor yesterday. I put shaving cream on one section of my pubic hair but didn't on the smaller hairs thinking they'd be ok. The result: the creamed section was fine with no red bumps/shaving rash but the non-creamed area had bumps appearing.

My advice to anyone getting bumps:
- use electric clippers if you have them (unless you want a really close shave)
- wet with water and cream the area you're going to shave
- don't strecth the skin
- shave in the direction the hair appears to be growing (not against it!)
- use a single blade razor (two or more blades shaves too close and increases the risk of bumps)

hope this helps

OK, don't laugh at me. I have tried shaving before and got all the red bumps. I was talking with my fiancee about this and she suggested waxing, my response, "no way in he-double hockey sticks" then she said, what about a hair removal cream. I have heard of it but I thought it was in the same line as waxing, but I was wrong! She convined me to try a small little area and wa-la! The answer I have been looking for!

I ended up doing my whole groin area with great results! I just did this tonight, about 30 min ago, and no problems yet! Make sure and shower after you finish to get it all off. You will feel it starting to burn a little, nothing major.

The product I used can be found at good ole Wal Mart. It is called Veet. Look in the cosmetics area around the waxing stuff. I think it costs about $7 for the whole kit with the little hair removal aid. I found that the little razor looking thing worked great on top, but letting it sit for about on for about 5 min then hopping in the shower and wiping all the hair right off with a washcloth works best. Be careful, it will clog up your shower drain! This seems like a great solution. I will post again to let everyone know the final results! If it works, "look out Walmart, here I come" to buy more!