Ive had gum disease symptoms for a while now (I've read ALL about it on here and everywhere else on the net), but the thing is... I have this completely irrational fear of doctors, and dentists. I guess it's because I haven't had very good experiences in the past, but the mere thought of seeing a dentist about this is actually giving me nightmares! It's getting worse, but I can't help it... does anyone have any advice for me? Or maybe explain treatments? Or if you've HAD treament, was it horrible??

Please help, I'm really terrified!!

I've had gum disease for years. I've had two surgeries and several deep cleanings.

I've recently tried using a 50/50 blend of peppermint essential oil and spearmint essential oil that I kind of learned about on the internet and it has saved 3 or 4 of my teeth from being extracted. Just brush and rinse as usual then put a few drops of the blend on your toothbrush and gently brush it onto your gum line and rinse. It tastes awful, but it really works. At first I used it every day for about four days or so, but now I just use it once every week or two.

I don't know how bad your gum disease is, but maybe this would be worth a try. It could save you expensive and painful surgery.

Gail