I came down with a sore throat early last week, (Tuesday, 11-14) hoarseness. I took different over-the-counter medicines, such as throat drops, & Robitussin. My sore throat is gone, yet I still have slight hoarseness. What could this be?

Hi, having a sore throat does not automatically mean that you will have a hoarse vice and vice versa, if you are suffering with hoarseness it is more than likely you have a touch of laryngitis, this is an inflammation of the larynx (vocal chords). The best treatment is to rest your voice and take plenty of warm drinks, which will keep your throat lubricated and wont cause everything to cease up as cold drinks would. Unfortunately there is no medication available for this so just stick to the good old fashioned ways and you should soon notice a difference. Hope this helps.