i am a fairly fit 16yr female.
i am an active horse rider. i am in a state training squad for horse riding and i need to be able to breath properally or there may be an accident soon.
i have been to my doctor and he thought i had whooping cough but the blood results say it isnt. i have just had a chest x-ray but have not got results back yet.
i am continually short of breath. i cough intil i cant breath or throw up.
i really need some help and advice on what is wrong.

I had similar symptoms of coughing a lot and hard to catch breath, although I've been physically active and fit my whole life. We ruled out asthma, GERD, and allergies. One doctor suggested it may be VCD. I finally saw an ENT (otolaryngologist), and found it was idiopathic subglottic stenosis: the airway beneath my vocal cords had been narrowed. If you haven't already, you should have an ENT check you out because this condition can get serious. My symptoms started before 09/07. Back then, I had to exercise with less intensity and ate less because it felt hard to swallow sometimes. Starting 01/08, I can no longer workout beyond a warm up pace because I can't catch my breath :'( . The only fix is surgery (mine's scheduled for 03/08), so good luck.

Hi. I was just wondering how the surgery went. I have the same symptoms but I thought it was GERD or an Ulcer. I'm supposed to see a GI specialist soon.