What are the chances of having a normal pregnancy after a tubal ligation? I had a tubal ligation about 7 years ago and have had aunt flo visit regularly (like clockwork). For the first time ever I am late. I know that home tests aren't always reliable due to human error. How soon would I have indications of anything abnormal? What should I do?

If you are actually late for a period than a home pregnancy test should most certianly be accurate, it is just when you are not late yet that you can get a false negative...

You can certainly have a normal pregnancy after a tubal ligation, it is very possible. You also have othe roptions in case you do not want to be pregnant. Take a test and see if you are pregnant, it is the only way of knowing for sure.

vishusdustbunny wrote:

I just found out yesterday that I was preganant and I'm not very happy...It is two months after my tubal. My pregancy is a normal pregancy. Now I have to tell me children and I just had a baby in October and this one is due 1 day before his birthday....I'm very upset...

Hey,

What kind of tubal did you have? I had the rubber band tubal 3 years ago and I am afraid that I will end up pregnant. The thought of a rubberband wrapped around my tube, keeping me from getting pregnant seems crazy.

dlld24 wrote:

vishusdustbunny wrote:

How was your tubal done? I had a tubal done in april and am now two months late. The last text i took was about 3 weeks ago, it was negative, but it took me two months to get a positive with my youngest son. M tubes were tied, cut, and burned. I am still worried. thanks. - Michelle

Did you check with your doctor about the legal paperwork of your proceedure to make sure it was preformed properly? I am asking because I had my tubes clamped and cut and I have changed my mind about the tubal 9 yrs later. I am almost two months late for my period and I am wondering what the chances would be to get pregnant so I would be so excited if I have hope of getting pregnant

how accurate is a home pregnancy test? i took an ept and it said positive. I had my tubes tied 16 yrs ago.

luv_bug please let me know if you are pregnant. I too had a tubal 16 1/2 years ago. I am having all signs of pregnancy. I took the home test 3 times 2 positive 1 neg. I don't know what to do. I know I need to go to doc but I don't want to feel stupid by telling the doc that I need a pregnancy test done. Is there something else that could be going on? I have nausea, heart burn, sleeplessness, mood changes, tender breasts, and now my stomach is starting to swell, feel like butterflies once in awhile in my stomach. Someone please answer I need help.

I also feel ridiculous thinking that I am pregnant almost 3 yrs after my tubal. Im pretty positive my Doc, cut burnt and tied mine. I actually think about being pregnant more now, than I ever did before I had the tubal. My period came this month but was VERY weird, and I would stop bleeding for 12 hrs at a time, and then start again. its now 9 days after the first day of my period and im still having a light pink/brownish discharge, like there is still blood flowing. (My periods usually last 4-5 days) Also, I have been feeling nausea a lot lately.
I thought I was preggo back in November and took 2 tests that turned out negative..I feel ridiculous buying another test when I HAD A TUBAL!! But it wouldn't be all bad if I were to have another baby..I love babies..but life is just so hard right now, and I have 4 kids already!

Ok, I had my tubes cut, burned and clamped, what they call the full tubal ligation July 2004, when my 4th child was born (c-section). This last December I wasn't feeling well for about 2 weeks and also really didn't have a period, just some spotting. Didn't think much about the possibility of even being pregnant, I thought it had to do with some new anti-depressant meds I had just started taking about the same time. I even joked around at work and told people that "if I didn't know better, I would think I was pregnant". Well I wasn't getting any better and since I had been calling my OB doctor about my meds I finally told them that I was at least 2 weeks late. They recommended that I take a home pregnancy test( I think more to ease my nerves than anything, I had been calling all week). Well I also had the stomach flu that day, so I waited till the next morning to take the test. When I took the test it was positive, I had to have my husband make sure I was reading it correctly. I read all the little notes on why it could read positive and really not be(ectopic pregnancy or ovarian cyst). Went to the OB that afternoon, and the test they did also came back positive. So the OB did an ultrasound right away, thinking that it was probably an ectopic, as he was doing the vaginal US, he was telling me all the things that I would be going through the rest of the day(meds,ER, etc) and the all of a sudden he's like "ugh, no it's right in the center of your uterus" . I think I set all the way up and loudly said "YOUR KIDDING, RIGHT". Of course he wasn't kidding and I am currently 18 weeks along with our 5th child. So yes you can get pregnant after a tubal. So far everything is fine and I will almost be 42 when this baby is born. Everyone I tell either says sue a doctor or it's meant to be. I am not suing any doctor, because only GOD should determine when a child is born. Yes at times it is really hard to believe that I am really pregnant, but I just keep telling myself that this baby is coming into this world for a reason, even if I never know the reason. Oh and the day I found out, I quit taking my anti-depressants, hopefully the 3 weeks I did take them won't cause any harm to the baby.

I HAD A TUBAL LIGATION 3 YEARS AGO AFTER MY TWINS WERE BORN. MY PERIOD HAS BEEN VERY REGULAR AND VERY HEAVY LASTING ABOUT 4 DAYS. I HAVE FELT VERY OFF FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS- LAST WEEK EXTREMELY MOODY THIS WEEK VERY CALM AND HAVING FAMILIAR PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS I WAS 4 DAYS LATE AND STARTED A VERY LIGHT "PERIOD" LAST NIGHT, IT IS STILL LIGHT WHICH IS VERY UNUSUAL- IS THERE A POSSIBILITY I'M PREGNANT?

Anyone...I am in tears reading these posts. I just turned 43 and had my tubes cut burnt etc.. I am never late for my period in fact always early. I am 2 weeks late and have been nauseated since about the time my period should of started. Its almost a motion sickness nausea. Kinda crappy too and I usually don't c**p up at al for my period. I had my hormoes tested a year ago and there were no signs of starting menopause and I really don't have menopause symptoms..Am I crazy to think I may be pregnant?

can any one telll me how to find out what procedure i had done when i asked to get my tubes done they said it was done but i have no info on what was done and now considering another baby would help if i knew what i was talking about

luv_bug1971 wrote:

i too had my tubes tied 16 years ago, im now remarried to my best friend and he wants a baby as much as i do. he has no children so the gift of life is important to the both of us. im having a tubal reversal in june 2009. please keep us in ur prayers and i hope everything goes good for all of you

I had a tubal ligation close to 8 yrs ago. It has been about 2 months that I don't get a period and I have been feeling something weird for about 2 weeks now. Could there be a possibility or is that just something normal?