Is it possible to become pregnant after having a tubal ligation and a thermal ablation?

I would also like to know if anyone has had a successful pregnancy after tubal ligation and uterine ablation. I went for a pelvic ultrasound today and was completely shocked when the ultrasound tech practically argued about the possibility of my being pregnant. I had a tubal ligation done in July 0f 2005 after the birth of my third child. I had an ablation done last December. He didn't specify exactly what he did see, but I heard the words follicle and right ovary when he was speaking to another tech. All of my pregnancies were high-risk, hence the tubal ligation. I am currently on blood thinners and if I were pregnant, would need to know immediately so I can switch blood thinning meds. I'm afraid I'll look like an id**t calling my Primary Care Dr. for a blood test, and I've heard that post tubal pregnancies sometimes don't show up on home urine tests. Anyone have any advice or experience with something like this?

Pregnancy can happen after a tubal ligation because sometimes it isn’t performed correctly but it is considered high risk because there is a risk that the pregnancy will be ectopic (tubal). If you think that you are pregnant after you have your tubes tied you should see your doctor immediately. He needs to evaluate you for an ectopic pregnancy. I know all of this because it has happened to my cousin and her pregnancy was ectopic so it had to be terminated.

How you decided to undergo this surgery? Have you decided this together with your partner? My cousin was afraid to tell to her husband that she doesn’t want any more children so in the end when he has find out what she has done he was very angry and luckily he decided to forgive her. About thermal ablation I don’t know anything. So mazbe you could provide more information about this?

I would so like to see more posts on this since I think I might be pregnant and have had both done tubal ligation 11 years ago and ablation 6 years ago...

I also had my tubal done 11 years ago,and my ablation was 5 years ago.my last reg period was Oct 20, I spotted lightly for a day on 3 separate occasions in Nov and nothing in Dec except for a bright pink spotting on 2 occasions after intercourse. I have the nausea, sore beasts, headaches, fatigue, constipation and a bit of a "bump" in my lower abdomen. I took 2 HPTs last week both were neg. I am 32 with 3 children aged 14, 12 and 11. A baby would be a pleasant surprise but im not sure what to do since the tests were neg?? Help anyone

Just wondering what your outcome was. I also has a tubal and ablation, and am now having all those pregnancy symptoms. I would welcome another little one, just wanted to know how it went for you. Thanks!