Is it possible to get pregnant after tubal ligation when you are perimenapausal?

Well, both of these conditions alone minimize the possibility of getting pregnant and not to mention together.
However, it may happen for the tubal ligation to fail. This may happen right away after the surgery or even 10 years later. The reason of failure may depend on the surgeon who did it and type of the procedure done. If you got pregnant after tubal ligation, you have to see a gynecologist right away. The problem with post tubal ligation pregnancies is that most of the time, they are ectopic. This means that the fetus grows in the fallopian tube (or elsewhere) instead in the uterus. This condition can be life threatening and immediate response is essential.
Some of the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy are: mild or severe pain on one or both sides of your lower abdomen, abdominal pain and spotting, fainting or dizziness especially after a missed menstrual period or a very light one.
Do you assume you may be pregnant or you have a wish to get pregnant now?
There is a procedure called tubal reversal and it is said that the outcome is positive and the pregnancies occur often.

I got my tubes tied 6 months ago n now i don't have my period. I got it for May and it was late you can say. Do I need to go take a pregnantcy test?

helene wrote:

I am currently going through a similar situation. I am 36 years old and had a tubal ligation 10 years ago. I have missed 2 periods now, and the emergency room doctor says it is an ovarian cyst. How long does it take to get your period after a cyst? I am having all kinds of pregnancy symptoms, but my HPT's come up negative. My OB/GYN says woman have normal pregnancies more often than not after a tubal ligation. I, also, just read a study on how ineffective HPT's are. So, I don't know what to do.

Hi all,

Im adding my situation as well. Im 35ish, and had my tubes tied approximately 8 years ago after having my son. I had always been irregular but after the Tubal Ligation, I became regular, not that it made me happier. Now, 8 years later I have missed my period for 2 months hitting 3. I havent felt sick or nothing, but just a little more tired. I have been craving and eating like AL Bundy. I read pretty much every article the web has to inform me of my possibilites of being a statistic and couldn't resist to take a home pregancy test. Now....I took the test but not sure if I did it right because i used alot of urine (not sure if that matters or not) but it came bk negative. Then I thought maybe its negative because I took it at 630pm and not in the AM. Im wondering if Im making myself crazy or could I really be pregnant.

Guest wrote:

I HOW DO YOU KNOW IT YOUR PREGNANT AFTER A TUBAL

I am going to add my situation also, I am only 22 yrs old and have had two children. I had my tubes tied 2 years after my son was born which has been only since March in 06'. Now I have not had my period since the first week of August. I kept telling myself no no I can't be! I thought my period would finally come. Well it's been a little too long. I have not had any sickness, only nausea every now and then. I took two hpt's and both come up negative. That reaasured me a little, well now for the past month my stomach has been getting bigger and bigger. So, I have planned a dr.'s appt. for tomorrow morning. The only thing is though they are going to do the blood test. Which means I will have to wait on them to call me with the results. That sucks! I truly trust my dr. with the way he did my tubal, I don't believe he messed up or anything like that. I just don't know!!! The main reason for me getting my tubes tied was so I couldn't have anymore kids. My husband and I both didn't want anymore. Now, we're so nervous. If it comes out that I am pregnant I will repost so which means the ones that has a negative hpt and don't have their period you need to go to the dr.

I'm 26 yrs old and i have three beautiful boys i had my tubal done Oct 2002 and had a very abnormal period in Dec 2006 i have always been normal and had my period for seven days and every 27 days well Nov 14 2006 i had a normal per. but Dec 14 it was very light and only three days apposed to the norm 7 days it was also three days late, i have done HPT and they have all come back neg and also a blood test yesterday that also came back neg. My friend who is pregnant is having less symtoms then me, my body is telling me that i am in deed preg, but all the tests say no can anyone give me some insite to this?

HI! I am a 26 year old mother of three and i had my tubes tied 41/2 years ago and i am pregnate this is not my first pregnacy since my tubal
my first pregnacy was etopic. But now only one year later i am pregnate again but this time the doctors tell me the baby made it to my uterus is this a safe pregnacy?

:$ I am a 30 yr old woman, and I had a tubal ligation in 2002. Well, I have had problems every since with my cycle. It has been so irregular and so painful that I am going nuts. What could be the problem?

Guest wrote:

That is exactly what I have a question on, only I would like to know the statistical odds of conception for a woman who is almost 48 and who had a tubal ligation almost 9 years ago.

I would like to be able to reassure my husband that we can have unprotected sex, and that there is no worry about my getting pregnant, both because of my age and the fact that I'd had the tubal ligation in 1998.

Any help with answering this? I would love to show him something to back up what I am telling him.

I had a tubal ligation and I was just wondering if I could still get pregnant. I had a hysterectomy but I still have my ovaries and phyllopian tubes. Can I still get pregnant if I don't have a uterus or a cervix?

:'( I'm 26 yrs old married with 3 beautiful children(2 boys 11,7, and a girl 18mon) I had a tubaligation at the time of my daughters birth and just found out today that I am pregnant. I never thought this would happend to me. I have been having kids since I was 15yrs old and had enough. I hate the idea that I am confronted with the decision to keep or terminate the pregnantcy. My husband and I are both dumb founded. We already live financially tight living in NY. I wanted to go back to college to better myself and I am not working now. I don't know what to do. I feel guilty tha I am not jumping up for joy for what some would ci=onsitter a miracle. My life really does not have any space for another child. But does my heart? It would be hard for me to look my own children in the face feeling like I choose to abort there sibling. I could love that baby too. But would this be the end of my marriage. Could my husband still love me and look at me the way he always does with this added pressure on his back? Can I haddle it? I'm scared people and I really don't know . Please comment. I need encouragement that all my hopes and dreams are not gone.

I want you to know that you will be fine if you decide to have your baby. I am 29 yrs, single and I have four children. My tubes were tied after I had my youngest, and now, I have a feeling that I may be pregnant now. It is scary to think of what we may be bringing our babies into, but they are put there for a reason. I had a very hard time raising my babies, but I have done it alone for so long I am used to it, and know that there is not nothing that I can't bear. I graduated from college, online of course, and I am now working a full-time job making out pretty good, so by no means, don't stop believing in what you can do for YOU. I know that you are counting on your husband, and it is important for a man to be there, but if he acts like he can't handle it, he isn't the man for you. My fiance now is a dream come true, he accepts first and foremost 4 that are not his, and he is very supportive of the one that may be on the way. don't under estimate what God can do for you. All things happen for a reason. I am praying for you.

Guest wrote:

I had my tubal done 3/19/03 after my last son was born. For the past couple of weeks I've noticed some changes. I started out by spotting about 2 1/2 weeks ago after sex with my husband. I overlooked it. My cycle wasn't due. But for the last week or so my breasts have been really, really tender and that not real milk but it's there and not to be rude but my husband tasted it. Is this possible?

Please help!!