I have had my tubes tied for almost 10 years now, I have a 12yr old and a 10yr old. I have been wanting to have another baby lately and was wondering is it true that u can still get pregnant after having ur tubes tied?

I know of a person this did happen to, but it was shortly after she had her tubes tied.

have you gotten pregnant yet? i have also had my tubes tied for 11 years and would like to have another child and i'm looking into the succes rate of this.

Well as far as I know you can have the procedure reversed (have your tubes un-tied) There is never a 100% guarentee that you will get pregnant, but I know you can reverse it & have a chance at getting pregnant again.

I know there is an extremely remote chance that you could get pregnant after your tubes have been tied if for some reason your tubes have made contact somehow. I had my tubes tied 4 years ago and I am hoping to get pregnant again too before I save the $9000.00 it is going to cost me to get the procedure reversed. They say that the success rate if you get it reversed is anywhere from 20% to 75% and pregnancy usually occurs in the first year. I hope this helps.

I've had my tubes tied for 11 years and have not gotten pregnant. I want to have another child but I'm sure I will have to have the surgery and I'm praying that I will be one of those that has a high success rate.

i had my tubes tide 12 years ago and have been preguant twice. niether child made it they waere tubal but i was still preguant

I had my tubes tied 12 years ago as much of you had done. I am divorced and in a new relationship and he and I want a baby together really bad. I can't afford IVF or reversal. What else can I do? I cry everytime I get my period because I am hoping, praying that I would be that 1% that gets pregnant after a tubal. I want to have a baby with the real love of my life.

I too am in the same boat, I had my tubes tied 11 years ago after my second child was born through c-section I was only 21 :'( so I was really young, But I m now re married and wanting another baby so badly :-( and I know it is possible as I have heard of many women that have gotten pregnant and had healthy babies many years after a tubal ligation, they say that the longer it has been since you had it done the better the chances, and that if it was done during a c-section it is a better chance that they can heal as well, I really dislike when other people say that it is completely impossible to become pregnant and carry to full term if you have had your tubes tied, because it is so not true, and there is room for human error thus why they have you sign a paper saying that if you do become pregnant after the surgery that you will not sue the Doctor.
Anyways if anyone on here has become pregnant or have more information ? I would love to hear from you :-D
Take care and lot's of Baby dust to all TTC

I am also looking for answers and asking for prayers! I got my tubes done on Oct 07, 7 months after my 3rd was born and 1 month after I met my husband. At the time we didnt know things would work out like they did so I just went ahead and had my tubal done. Hes everything I could ever ask for and we want to have a baby. We cant afford reversal or ivf. I never thought I would ever know the feeling of wanting a child so bad and knowing there was only small chance of having one. Could fertility drugs somehow higher our chances? I would really appreciate any ideas from anyone! Thanks!

I had my tubes tied after having my third baby....... I'm so scarred cause i always drop the weight after having my kids. but not my son and my tubes tied.... Now i keep having my girl issues but i've noticed some weird feelings in my tummy area. And i was doing my toe nails today and i got this strange sharp catch pain inn my side..... then i felt this kicking feeling in my tummy.
Ive taken those at home test b4 came up negative..... Ive been having back pain off and on and been very tired. But im scared cause i havent seen a dr yet to have them look

There are so many of us ladies in the same boat:). I too have been desiring for a child for over 11 years now. I first thank God for my one child which I have who just turned 14 last week. I went through the infertility process and received 3 embryos but none of them took for me. I had all of the symptoms as I was pregnant and everything and went to the doctor just to find our that my urine and blood test came out negative:(. One of my tubes were removed when I was 24 but 2 years later I had my son! If you have 1 tube, don't worry just try your best to eat healthy and exercise and not focus on getting pregnant, eventually it will happen. Now for us ladies who doesn't have tubes, we just seriously need some miracles from the Lord, whether it's adopting a child or he miraculously insert an egg into us l.o.l...., i have to laugh sometimes to avoid crying. But I do thank God for my one and for sparing my life last year when I went through the tubal pregnancy so I won't complain.

I hope my comments be able to help someone.

Please make an appointment to see your doctor so he can take a blood test. Believe it, or not, the pregnancy sometimes doesn't show up in the uterine test. Prayerfully, you are not pregnant in your tube, because your symptoms sounds like mine and I was actually pregnant in my tubes in December 2009.

I have a tubal liagation 8 yrs ago after my third child. And I have missed my last two periods.
I took several HPT and had 1 blood test all negative 8-| . So I went in for my yearly Pap smear and Pelvic Exam
the doctor noted my uterus was enlarged and wanted me to take another urine test negative.
I had some pulling in my groin area and a really sore throat went to the ER had a ultrasound and i was 9 weeks pregnant :$ :-D
yes ladies it is very possible

So I'm curious..........did you have a healthy baby?