i just found out i am 7 weeks pregnant and have been using opiates for about two months i have access to suboxone but am curious if it is safe to tapper off of them like a rehab would do. i do not want to harm my baby please please help me out here!!!!!!!!! <3

My girlfriend at the time was pregnant with my son and she was taking soboxone. My son was born Nov. 19 2008 and he is still in the hospital. He is in special care because ha has to detox off the soboxone. He shakes badly and has trouble sleeping. To help with these symptoms the doctors placed him on methadone treatment. He is only 5 days old. Soboxone will affect your child and he will be born addicted to it also. There will be physical withdrawals. I am dealing with it as we speak and it sucks badly. I hope you find another way.

I'm sorry, but I have to correct you.  (I'm sorry to hear about your baby)  I was on Suboxone during my whole pregnancy.  My son was not born addicted to Suboxone.  My doctor said it MAY happen, but the chances are unlikely.  It was recommended that I not try to withdrawal during my pregnancy, due to risk of a miscarriage (b/c of the stress it causes on your body).  I know this is an old post, but I don't want anyone to read this and think it is a matter of fact.  We are on Suboxone to help our life and the life of our children.  It was the best thing that even happened to me and my son and I are both happy and healthy today.  It is not your girlfriends fault.