I am 2 mos. pregnant, been taking suboxene for 8 months (after 14 yeas of methadone maintence). I already have 2 kids which I had while being on methadone and do NOT want to put my new baby through what my other two went through after they were born (withdrawls). However...I have No knowlege of what suboxene can/will do to the baby. I have read a few other posts on hereaout switching to Subutex...can anyone give me ant advice on this? I lost 1 baby due to drug use years ago, I don't want to lose this one too. Oh yeh... am also on 4 mgs. of klonopin/day I do know it's unsafe to just stop taking them which is why I cut down to 2 mgs./day but what other benzos would be considered safer for the baby? I do have alot of anxiety and panic attacks often, so any info on either or both of these concerns would be greatly appreciated. Thnx in advance... Janell (Manchester, N.H)

I know this is an old post but I have searched the Internet for posts related to giving birth on Subutex & many are very misleading. I have a one-month old baby girl who I had while on 4mg of Subutex. I know no one wants to face the reality of having a child born addicted but that IS the reality. My daughter went through mild withdrawals once she qas two days old. She was inconsolable at times, her temp was above normal and she has mild tremors. Now keep in mind I ate healthy, went to the doc frequently, and kept the Subutex dose low in hopes she wouldn't suffer for my mistakes. Although I am 30 & did not plan this pregnancy, I wouldn't ever suggest planning a birth while on ANY MEDS! I know that isn't always what happens but watching my little girl have any withdrawal symptoms broke my heart. She was never treated with anything for her mild withdrawals because she never scored high enough. But having to stay in the hospital and her having to stay in the nursery, not my room, was awful. My husband and I took turns staying in the nursery with her, which DEFINITELY helped her recover/manage symptoms. I am also breastfeeding so that *may* have helped her as well. Many may say this was mild and not a big deal but be prepared to see your child not feeling 100%. Honestly, after the trauma of birth, the baby doesn't feel great anyways I'm sure so this is definitely something you will, as a family, move on from. Just be prepared. If for some reason the original poster or others with the same question are reading this - do not continue taking benzos!! That is 10x worse than Subutex for your unborn baby.