Hello. I'm 26 year old female and I have some very serious problems with my anxiety! I didn’t consider this to be something serious but I was wrong. Now I have realized that it can turn into something very serious.
I'm a student and I experience stress and anxiety almost on daily basis. These last couple of months it really started to affect my whole health state! I started to breath forced and rapidly and this got me really worried. I've contacted my doctor and he told me I'm developing some breathing problems called tachipnea and prescribed me some anxiolytics! Can someone tell me more about this!?

Hello. I'm very sorry that girl that young is developing so serious health problems. I don’t know do you know but stress and anxiety can literally devastate human body.
There are some doubts that it can even cause ulcers, hypertension, diabetes and malignity! So, tachipnea or hyperventilation is just a minor consequence! By its definition- hyperventilation is breathing in excess of what the body needs.
It can cause dry mouth, blurred vision and faintness! If I'm correct- I believe that Benzodiazepines are effective in reducing stress that may provoke hyperventilation!