I just got this stupid thing about a week ago... i've been doing a lot of research online about how to get rid of it faster and it seems to me that tanning beds/sun is the way to go. I have tons of itchy oval things all over my chest, stomach, boobs, lower back, and just a little bit in my area of extremities. I bought a pass to the tanning salon for a month and even though I know tanning beds will give me skin cancer and I am totally against it, I am doing it in hopes of getting rid of this thing.

My sorority formal is in less than a week and I am so scared I won't be able to wear my dress :-( I'm too embarrassed to wear anything with a neckline (now that it's finally getting warmer) and it makes me so depressed knowing that this thing lasts for over 6 weeks! I have made an appointment to see a Chinese herbalist/acupuncturist on Tuesday to see what he can do but right now I'm counting on going to the tanning salon every day to see if it will kill this rash.

Is my pityriasis rosea too early right now to be killed though? I'm afraid that my tanning bed visits will be useless because it hasn't even hit its worst point yet :/ Is it alright that I'm starting treatment so early?

I would not get in a tanning bed, but I had this condition a few years ago, so I totally understand where you're coming from! Lay in the sun outside for about 15-20 minutes a day, get rest, and eat healthily. Also, if it starts itching, use an oatmeal bath, I think aveeno sells them. Sorry and hole you feel better really soon! My p.r. Lasted for about 3 weeks, thankfully it never got on my face. Good luck with everything!