I’m desperate. My daughter has glaucoma. She is 14 years old. I was afraid that she would get it because we have it in family. And that’s happened. I don’t know too much about juvenile glaucoma. What are the most successful treatments for it? How can help teenage with glaucoma, help please? Thanks!

Juvenile glaucoma is appearing during the first two decades of life and it’s often inherited, as you know. Juvenile glaucoma is treated using medications, laser surgery and filtering surgery. Of course, you should listen to eye doctors and do what they told to you. If you don’t treat it well, glaucoma may be dangerous.

Well,
To be honest I didn’t know that glaucoma can affect young people. This is the first time I have heard that teenager can have a glaucoma. The main problem here that you will mostly live your entire life coping with this condition which might lead to vision loss. You really have to tell her to get the treatment as soon as you can because this condition can cause much harm to her vision. I think that her best option would be to have a laser surgery because this surgery is very safe in now days. She can’t let this to progress. I hope that this will help you and her in any way.
All the best,
Nelie

I have also had glaucoma from that age.Take your child to an ophthalmologist, let them put her on drops. Just watch for symptoms over the next few years, if they progress take her back and check if the could do the trabeculectomy before nerve damage and eyesight loss.