Hi! My friend told me yesterday that she needs to have Cyclodiode laser for glaucoma. My mum had glaucoma but I’ve never heard about this surgery. What is exactly Cyclodiode laser for glaucoma? Is it dangerous? Should I worry about my friend? Please, anybody who knows tell me something more. Thanks!

Cyclophotocoagulation is a procedure most often used to treat more aggressive or advanced forms of glaucoma that have not responded to medical or surgical therapy. That means that this treatment is reserved for the most difficult cases. People who had it usually feel some discomfort and pain after it. But it’s very effective.

can you explain the procedure of cyclophotocoagulation??? Is it helpful ?? or just a trial procedure??

Diode Cyclophotocoagulation targets the cells that produce the Aqueous Humor, fluid in the front of the eye. It is effective and no more dangerous than glaucoma surgeries for advanced glaucoma.