I have heard that marijuana helps glaucoma patients. Is that true? I mean, my mother is suffering from this condition and I am trying to help her in any way I can. And if she will get better by using marijuana, then what a hell, she should take it. We'll think about other things later... The medications she already uses are not that helpful.

Perhaps she is not taking them regularly; skipping therapy will make it completely ineffective. As for marijuana, I am not sure that is the right choice of action. Perhaps it does help a bit, but I don't think it can help as much as the medication produced to deal with that condition only. I think that you should talk to her doctor again and see what to do next.

You would have to smoke marijuana every hour to have it lower the pressure in your eyes - be stoned constantly. That is why doctors no longer prescribe medicinal marijuana - the side effects of smoking anything are very detrimental to your health. The drops and laser surgery are the most effective and safest treatments.

does marijuana help fight alopecia???

Treatment of glaucoma aims at 10 lowering the iop which varies for different individuals. A Pachymetry test would get u to know what is the normal iop for a individual
2) to minimize the FLUCTUATION of iop..marijuana do lowers iop but the duration of action is low resulting in A LARGE VARIATION of iop which is bad for the optic nerve ,
so i think u should get a glaucoma workup done from nearby ophthalmologist and start of with a medical treatment..

Marijuana can act synergistic-ally with your medication not alone.A TOKE A DAY THEN WOULD NOT BE AS HARMFUL TO U AS OF NOW..

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

CELESTA , i am a medical professional in india, if u are trying medical marijuana for your mother for her glaucoma , i would be glad to hear any response from you about the details to response to the treatment..
you can mail me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
with any questions /responses.
thanking you.