Hello everyone. I have a question for you, it’s about my cat’s dental hygiene. Approximately 10 days ago I’ve noticed that her dental hygiene is not so good. I didn’t pay much attention to that before and now I feel guilty. I will probably take her to the vet as soon as possible. My vet is currently out of the country, but he should be here in about 15 day or so. My neighbor says I should’ve had washed her teeth regularly. Does she have a point? Was I supposed to brush her teeth at home? Isn’t that dangerous or something?

Not at all if you know what you are doing.

Proper oral hygiene is very important for your cat and it is not so hard to maintain it. You just need starting instructions (you can find them on youtube, but it would be better if you can ask your vet), pick the right toothbrush and toothpaste and start brushing her teeth. As for brush and paste, you can experiment with them because you will find out that there are several varieties of different hardiness for toothbrushes and different flavors for toothpastes.

You need to protect your kitty from plaque and tartar and brushing is the best way for doing so.

Why would it be dangerous? It’s not. It could be harmful for your cat if you use human toothpaste instead of buying proper toothpaste for cats. 

Toothpastes for cats have different flavors, I use chicken flavor for my cat. You need to find the flavor that your cat will like cause cats tend to not like teeth cleaning. I had a friend whose cat used to become aggressive when he starts brushing her teeth. 

Be very patient with it. He/she will eventually get used to it. You can also buy some chewing toys, they will help you get rid of the plaque. 

It is not dangerous. It is necessary.

When they’re out in the wild, cats chew grass or bones and that way their teeth remain clean.

On the other hand, cats that live indoor cannot clean their teeth on their own. We have to do that for them.

How old is your cat? Older cats tend to be more resistant when it comes to teeth cleaning. That’s why it is recommended to start as soon as possible and get them used to the process. While they’re still kittens you can use a finger cot or gauze and a toothpaste that is specifically made for cats.  I used to dip my finger in tuna water before rubbing it on my kitty’s gum.

Hello there. No, it is not dangerous at all. But, you need to learn how to do it. And, trust me, it is nothing dangerous :) Cleaning your cat’s teeth is something that you need to do, because you really should know how important is oral and dental health. Like somebody told us in here, you have a  lot of tutorials on the internet, and you can look up what is the best way to do it. It is noting hard, I repeat, you need to know what is the best toothpaste for your cat and what is the best toothbrush.

And no, it is not dangerous at all.

Well, unlike dogs, cats can’t have a suitable domestic replacement for chewing on bones or even a grass. So, it is totally logical that you need to find the best way of keeping their teeth clean, especially when they are out in the wild. So, you have more than ten ways to establish amazing dental hygiene. So, cleaning your cat’s teeth at home is something that you must do! It is the best way, and I don’t see why it could be dangerous. Learn how to do it, if you don’t know, find the best way and clean your cat’s teeth. 

Hey there. I don’t see why this could be dangerous. It is not, at all. It is totally necessary, it is something that you need to do. Cleaning your cat’s teeth at home is very important part of the hygiene for your cat. So, at the beginning some cats can refuse to clean their teeth, but you can find a lot of tutorials on the internet, and this is an excellent way to learn how to clean your cat’s teeth. It can’t be that hard, right? You need to clean your cat’s teeth, at home, and sometimes you can take your cat to the vet and let him clean your cat’s teeth. 

Of course it is not dangerous rubylock, why it would be? :) It can only be dangerous for you if your cat becomes aggressive and scratches you. I am just kidding. :)

Anyway, you really need to take care of your cat’s oral hygiene. That is very important, you know. If you don’t start to clean cat’s teeth regularly he/she can get some disease or something.

There is one very important thing you should also know- you need to brush her or his gum too. A lot of owners don’t do that, they just clean cat’s teeth but the gums are also very important.