I had a termination in november, i was 5 months along, i felt like i was manipulated into the decision by my partner, since the termination we began to drift apart, i grieved for months and still do now, i would cry all day and night and not leave the bed for days at a time. I'm 18 years old and had been with my partner for 3 years, we lived together for one year. 3 weeks ago he broke up with me and i had to leave our apartment to stay with my parents. i am completely broken.. all i want to do is make him feel the grief that i feel, and be pregnant again also to take away the loss somehow. i look at pictures of the ultra sound every single day. i cant seem to move forward, i know he has treated me terribly yet i feel that strong connection through pregnancy.

Family does not know, nor would they know how to go about it if i told them only a few close friends know but i dont feel as though i have gotten any real support. how can i move forward and get through this horrific emotional pain?

hello, I am 24 years old and i can relate i had an abortion three years ago and to this day it rund through my mind it takes alot of time and support from family and friends to get through this!I did the same thing with the ultrasound pics and i went into a very deep depression the man i was pregnant by decieved me he was married and i was so excited about being pregnant and i come to find out the day i told him he said he was married and i was only a lay and he gave me the money and took me to have the procedure done and begged me not to talk with his wife,I was used and lied to and on top of that i took a life of an innocent baby and i hate myuself or that men can be pigs!I am so sorry you had do go through that but honey you are not alone i know the empty feeling that comes with it it hurts to the bone my heart goes out to you !I would love to talk with you whenever yo need someone to talk with my email is I am not here to judge you i will love to be your friend through this and help you as much as i can hang in there

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I just wanted to say im so sorry you are feeling so bad you did what you thought was right at the time i hope that in time you will forgive yourself hun you have punished yourself enough. I had a termination a month ago now that i regret and know how you feel x

i understand your pain i had a abortion when i was 16 and i was depressed for months you will definitely need some support i suggest like a group for women who have had abortions they are availiable google it in your city but i hope the best for you and believe me that pain will seize and everything will be fine dont beat urself up too bad

Aw -- your post takes me back to a very long time ago in my life. We are all different so my answer is my life. Today i am 41.

However when i was 17 years old my partner also left me around the same time as you. I also had an abortion at 20 weeks (which is five months) nobody told me how horrific it would be, or that i would give birth to my child. I guess i was young and niave.

Like you, i grieved and grieved... it was so awful. Even worse i got back together with the father. I felt so terrible that probably 8 months later i became pregnant again. This time he said abort or i leave. I said ok - leave. He didnt. I thought that this baby would make me feel better, as i cried every single day but when i saw this beautiful child, and knew i had aborted not that long before, i was still upset. One night i sat at my table, and like most nights i cried -and i cried and i cried... and i said please forgive me. I meant it with all my heart. As i said it, a cold wind went through me and I heard 'its ok i forgive you' -- and i felt at peace about it. From crying every single day it was gone. I thought perhaps it was my imagination but the years passed... and as i said i never looked back, i knew it was ok where it was. I think that it can understand, so please try not to beat yourself up. 24 years have passed since that time, and i had another child with the same person. No more children after that. But i never ever felt sad about it again. Sending big hugs your way x