Hello all. I am here with a question regarding my cat.

I adopted a kitten about a week ago. Somebody left it on the street.

I really don’t know much about cats since I have a dog and I never actually liked cats. Still I decided to keep this kitten since I can’t find anyone who wants to take it and don’t want it to end up on the street alone again.

It gets along very well with my dog ( I never expected that to happen).

Anyway since everybody is telling me I need to neuter the kitten, I wanted to ask you, how will he benefit from neutering?

Hello. Neutering for kitten has so many benefits. The androgen hormones are responsible for the development of many behavioral patterns. Actually testosterone encourage aggression in cats. After neutering, your kitten will be less aggressive then usual. Behavioral advantage of neutering is that cats are less likely to react on female cats who are in a heat. When you look from the medical side, neutering will reduce injuries who are connected with their wild behavior. Also they will be less aggressive and their genetic will be improved. It is very common process so you don’t need to make a big deal about it. Your cat is going to be just fine.

Well there are many benefits of neutering cats, both medical and behavioral.

First of all neutering male cat will lead to decreased aggression, just like Dog Whisperer said, (male) androgen hormones  greatly affect aggression in cats. So especially if you plan to have more cats in the future neutering will be useful cause you will decrease cat’s aggression toward other cats.

It has been shown many times that neutered cats tend to be less aggressive.

Also, when you neuter a male cat, he is much less likely to react when he senses a female that is in heat. So that’s another plus.

I am pretty sure – a lot of benefits! Especially because this cat is from street and you need to take care of her soon :/

Maybe I am a little bit old fashioned but I believe that spaying and neutering is the best thing that you can do for your cat.

The most important thing is that this procedure prevents tumors and infections of the ovaries and uterus. It also decreases the risk for mammary cancer (if you have a female cat).

The best thing that you can do is to spay your cat before she goes into her fist heat. But don’t worry if you do it later.

All cats in heat can be very vocal and aggressive so I believe that spaying and neutering is still the best thing.

My kitten is actually a male, not a female.  I didn’t even know that neutering male cats exist till recently.

I was hoping that since he is a male I won’t have to deal with it, but it looks like I will.

I am more interested to hear about medical benefits, cause sincerely I don’t think that he would have any behavioral problems even without that procedure. My mother used to have a male cat and he was never aggressive, he played both with us, kids and with neighbor’s cats and any other cats that would appear in our yard. He wasn’t neutered.

Hello. Am I the only one in here who is against neutering? Maybe I am. Look I am sure that neutering has a lot of benefits, and I mean it but I would not do this. I have male cat as well and I don’t see why I should do this. I mean it doesn’t make any sense since he is really healthy and I never had any problems with him. So I am sorry but I can’t give you just one reason “for” this. I am totally against it. I believe that this is a torturing for my little friend :/ Good luck.

Tell me about it. I hate that I have to do it.

I don’t like those, often unnecessary procedures to be done to my pets. And I understand that cats that live on the streets need to be neutered cause if they don’t, there will be more and more of them on the streets. But since I’m planning to keep my cat indoor and he won’t be in touch with any females, I was really hoping that everyone will tell me not to do it.

But hearing all these benefits… I really don’t know what to do. Maybe it’s really better for him to have this procedure.

Hello everyone.

First, Oshikuru the decision is only yours. I know that a lot of people are against it…maybe I am a little bit against it, but when you read all those benefits it makes sense.

I never was thinking that much about the benefits until now.

I think that this procedure make sense in female cats (I have one) but I don’t know why anybody would neuter a male cat :)

I don’t know a lot about it as you can see but I would be in the same problem like you are now – I don’t know should I do this procedure :)

Good luck with the decision.