Hi there! My whole family is so worried because my sister gave birth to a beautiful little boy but his testicle is swollen, and the doc said he may have testicle hydro seal. Everybody is going crazy now, because we have never heard of this before. Can you please tell us if this is dangerous, and if it can affect the baby in any way!!!! Thank you!!!

If the child is a newborn, his swollen testicles can be from an extra fluid newborns carry or the extra dose of hormones they may have received from the mother just before birth. This swelling is harmless, and he'll flush the fluid out in his pee after a few days. However, if the swelling continues, especially one testicle swelling, then the child may have developed a hydrocele, in which fluid from the abdomen accumulates in a testicle. The hydrocele shouldn't bother the baby and will probably go away by the time he turns 1. If it doesn't go away by his first birthday, he may need minor surgery to drain the fluid and close the opening.

my son has one on each side and he is 3months and they are just going to watch him and see is it goes away on its own if not then they will repair it! I was so worries too! but he will be fine they will most likely wait till he is either 6months to a year b4 that fix it. but if it turns into a hernia then they will fix it sooner and thats nothing to worry about either!!
just try not to worry and enjoy you new baby boy!!