My boyfriend swims twice a week. Last time he was there, he jumped “wrong” as he said and he felt pain in testicles. His testicles become swollen and inflamed over the night. He went to see a doctor and he told him that he has testicles torsion. I don’t understand his condition. I need some explanation.

It is very possible that he has torsion of the testicles, but I hope he wasn’t waiting too much because torsion of the testis is emergency situation. In some men the tissues that surround the testis in the scrotum are lax, so testis can move around the scrotum more than usual. Then blood which flows testis is blocked in the twisted spermatic cord, and when it cut the supply of blood to testis it become damage or die, unless is quickly restored. I hope that this helps!

Yes, if he does have torsion, he should get that fixed immediately.

Or else he may end up losing his testicles. Testicular Torsion is exremely serious.

On another note i experienced a similar situation, where i hurt my testicles, and my left testicle was always in on/off pain every couple weeks (BUT i did NOT have torsion)

I used to always wear boxers and fitted boxers...............i switched to wearing regular underwear (tightie whities) everyday for three weeks, (including when i sleep), and the pain dissapeared. I think it worked because of the support and different placement your testicles get in.

fitted boxers don't give u enough support, so nothing can heal after any

type of injury or trauma....