My prostate has regrown since having a PVP in 2005. It is now 130 grams. I would prefer another PVP or HoLEP but my local UK NHS does not do them.. The alternatives offered are TUMP which I turned down or Thalium Laser. I had not heard of it previosly but looking it up it seems to be comparable or slightly better thn PVP.

Has anyone n this forum had the procedure and how did it go?  The surgeon I saw was concerened that I had aortic valve replacement surgery last summer and that I am still taking warfarin. I had Atrial Fibrilation but my heart has been back in rythym since ardioversion in September.

I'm surprised that no one else has responded to this topic. Has no one here been offered or had the procedure?

I have heard of Thalium laser but no place I know of uses it yet.

Thulium laser has been around for at least ten years with upgrades to the original equipment.
If you Google Thulium Laser you will come up with medical papers reporting on it and comparing it to TURP and the other laser procedures.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Does the procedure also cause Retrograde Ejaculation?

Yes, I was warned that it almost certainly would. This is week seven and I doubt if it will revert to normal. I don't find it a problem.