I had PVP laser procedure 5 days ago. Dr Richard Kroll at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY is the best. Thanks God I found him. I had problem urinating for many years, I had four urinary retentions, when I barely made to ER, and still I could not find the doctor I can trust. Being urology patient with doctors at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, Allen Pavilion, was very frustrating for years, and those should be the best in the area.
Anyway, I could not believe, that just in one visit to the urology office I could have cystoscopy test, urodinamics test, learn to self catheterize and have had preoperative conversation and decision. Usually it takes couple of month at least. It's hard to find more knowledgeable, attentive, polite, experience, patient oriented and caring doctor, then Dr. Kroll. Also, on his office wall there are award boards for being one of the best doctors for the years 2004-2009.
I went to sleep at 8am, woke up at 10am. No pain, just a little discomfort from the catheter, which was removed two days later. Had to take Tylenol just twice. Also am taking now Ciprofloxacin to prevent infection and Phenazopyridine to lubricate urethra walls, which makes urine orange. Have a very good urine flow, wake up at night 1-2 times, the same as before. Twice had big pain at the end of penis, but then a big soft blood clot came out. No strenuous activities, or sex for two weeks at least. Look forward for recovery without new surprises. Will go back to work on Tuesday for light duty for the first week. Doctor wanted me to see him next week, but I can not do it. So, he wright down in his book to call me to find out how I am doing. Can you believe that?
Every case is different. Hope my article will help some men to make informative decision.

Some additions here and question. No blood in urine anymore. Have more blood clots on the way now, they are blocking the urethra, so it's painful somewhat to urinate and I have to go like every hour, because the bladder is not emptying. That can last for days, or weeks, or longer. Have to get rid of those blood clots. Does anybody know how to break them on smaller parts? Thank you.

Hi, today is my 5 weeks laser surgery anniversary. God bless Dr. Richard Kroll from Rockland County, NY. I do not know how to thank him for that fine procedure he have done. I think part of the problem with that procedure, that the surgeon urologist does not get paid as much, as dentist get paid for the regular root canal. But one simple mistake can leave you suffering till the rest of your life.
So, second week I was in pain at the end of urination at the end of the penis and anus. No more big blood clots came out Extra strong Tylenol did not help a bit. At the end of second week I talk to the doctor over the phone and he let me take Advil instead Tylenol. That was a big relief and pain basically gone. I am getting better every day now, still having sometimes pain at the end of the penis and anus. No more Advil for the last two weeks. Started having sex almost three weeks after the procedure. Everything works the way it should be, even better because I do not have this filling that still some urine left in the bladder. With urine left in the bladder before the procedure, I did not even want to have sex.
The only problem now, and it's decreasing every day, that when I have to go pee, I really do have to go ASAP. And also anus is sensitive and painful often with urinating.
Would I recommend this procedure and this doctor to my friend? I sure would, 5 stars doctor. And procedure I should have done earlier, before my last urinary retention, which, most likely gave me internal hemorrhoid and, probably, hernia.
For 2-3 years I was trying all kind of prostate shrinking meds and supplements. Did not work for me.
Good luck and ask questions. Hope above info help make the right decision for your case.