Hi. I have myopia (nearsightedness) and think that Lasik surgery is the right stuff. My doc has also recommended me Lasik. So, been reading something about the procedure and risks, but don`t know what is the average cost for Lasik? Anybody?

Hi. The average cost of Lasik is about 1800 bucks per eye. That include wavefront technology and IntraLase. There are some options you could use to lower the price, such as medical insurance coverage, financing options, payment plans, flexible spending plans, credit car payments and tax deductible. Medical insurance coverage is rarely available, unless the surgery is a necessity. There are many firms that will give you financing options for Lasik, with payment plans (up to 5 years, monthly payment 60 bucks). Also, some firms allow their workers to set aside pre-tax dollars into a flexible spending account. You may be able to make monthly payments for 3, 6 or 12 months. Most Lasik practices will take a credit card. Finally, you may file a deduction for medical care (this kind of a allowance is a matter of interpretation and your accountant will have to aply for approval).