I was wondering if anyone can break down the cost of the Dr.Bernstein diet. I live in Vancouver , BC.

Thanks.

**this post is edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

The cost is about $600 each month and you should lose about 16 - 20 pounds each month. Lose 50 pounds in about 3 months for about $1800

And with a 75% success rate! Some insurance companies will cover some or all these costs. Costs are tax deductible. Jenny Craig and LA Weight loss caost 3 times as much with only a 4 % success rate.

I work in a clinic and have experienced the above for a few years.

How are these costs tax deductible? What forms do I need to fill out? What line do I enter the value on?

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns300-350/330/ntllwbl-eng.html

The injections have DIN are prescribed and NOT over the counter, so I would guess that they are deductable. (repeat guess)

Anyone know more?

It is 600.00 for a month. You will lose anywhere from 18-20lbs . Well worth it.

can you please tell me what DIN is

Dr Bernstein does work but it more expensive then Any other weight loss. Also I found a few people who have gone on and done wonderfully and gain back 1/2 as soon as they go off. ALso it is injections and an 800 caolorie diet. If you go on the 800 calorie diet alone you will lose 15 lbs a month.

I did the diet about 5 yrs ago and lost 60 lbs in about 3 months. The B shots they give you make it possible to stick to the reduced calorie diet - very difficult without those shots - I've tried it and I just didn't have any energy. I did yoyo a little with my weight for a while after but have never put more than 20 lbs back on and because I now know how to work with my body, I can usually take it off again quite easily. The main thing I liked about this diet is that it taught me how to eat with health, the recipe book they give you is very simple and tasty and it got me off all the c**p food I thought I needed and loved. I think DIN means doctor supervised kind of thing... I know it's expensive but really that becomes 1 more motivation to stay on it and it really does work - I've seen it a number of times - with myself and friends who've been inspired by my results. Good luck !

DIN is for drug identification number.  Every prescription medication has one and this is what is referred to when insurance companies usually determine level of coverage.  

biggest concern would be spending all this money and gaining 1/2 back!  

Drug Id Number = DIN

Drug Id Number = DIN

do you have to go to the clinic daily?  I live out of town and would only be able to check in weekly......

Its about $160 per week with an additional start up fee. I lost weight on this diet but beware....you cannot rely on them to monitor your medical conditions. I have a thyroid condition and take synthroid. They sent me for blood tests but only after feeling absolutely sick and horrible for 2 months I investigated and found out they were not testing my thyroid. I went to my family doctor and had my dose adjusted and have started to feel better a month later. The Dr. Bernstein clinic refuses to give my back my $170. I paid for a maintenance plan I paid for but could not use because I was so ill. This is the worst customer service I have experienced in my whole life. I would never go back there. These people are not professionals.

mimi -- the trick is to not go back to your old eating habits when you get to goal -- you need to complete a minimum of 3 months maintenance to see how reintroducing the foods affect your weight. I know people that have kept all their weight off for over 10 years.