I'm 27 and I have always had problems with my nose, always considered it to be ugly. So I have decided to do a nose job. I have heard about this excellent doctor Raj Kanodia who has his clinic in Beverly Hills in LA, my friend did her nose job a month ago in his clinic and she was absolutely thrilled by the work he has done. She’s advising me to do the same. I'm wondering if anyone else here was a patient of Raj Kanodia and what can you tell me about his work?

Yes I have heard of the famous doctor Raj Kanodia. His patients are, or have been Hollywood’s greatest stars. He is famous for many things, mostly bases his practice on the esthetic surgery. A friend of mine has been one of his patients too and I must admit he does know his work, it’s excellent. She did a revisional rhinoplasty, that is, her previous plastic surgeon did a nose job on her ( also called rhynoplasty in medical terminology), but he didn’t do a good job and she was dissatisfied, so she went to dr. Kanodia and he repaired it with great success. The down side of that is the price of the treatment, I don’t know the exact numbers but I know it was whole lot of money, but my friend says that it’s worth every penny. My personal opinion is that she could have gotten the same treatment for lot less money, after all, that guy puts lots of money in advertising and that’s expensive to do. And he also has to keep his reputation because all those celebrities are his patients. My advice to you is not to be to hasty about it and try to look for a cheaper doctor with similar recommendations and less publicity, because publicity does cost money, money that in the end has to come from your pocket. Be smart and take care.

I recently had a consultation with Dr. Kanodia for rhinoplasty/septoplasty. He has agreed to do the surgery for me in two weeks. I feel that he is worth the extra money. You only have one chance to get the best result possible. If the first surgeon you bargain hunted for botches up your nose, yes, you can always go a superspecialist after that, but your chances of looking as good have declined.

Hey there,

Nice from you Kerouac_girl32 to post here. I'm currently in dilemma to go to Dr Kanodia and to make an appointment. I've talked already with some nurse over the phone, and they want me to come over and to make appointment with Dr. Kanodia. However your surgery will be pretty soon so I would appreciate if you could share your experiences and most of all the post OP feeling. That will help me a lot to make a decision. I've heard about other good rhinomplasty surgeons and I'm sure that Dr. Kanodia is one of best out there.

Thank you for your replay, and I wish you the best! Hope to here from you soon!

Well, I had surgery with Dr. Kanodia 21 days ago and let me tell you everything went great. He is conservative with his method and that's just because he wants his patients to look natural and like themselves...only better or refined as he puts it. The surgery didn't hurt at all, but my nose did bleed/drip for about 3 days. He says in 2 months I will see almost all of my swelling go down.

I am interested in seeing doctor Kanodia for Rhinoplasty as well. would anyone mind sharing the total costs for this operation?

thank you

I wouldn’t know what the exact price would be at dr. kanodias office but considering he works on Beverly Hills, I would say high!
I read that, back in 2002, an average surgeon's fee was $3,751 for rhinoplasty. This of course didn’t include the cost of the operating facility like hospital, cost of anesthesia or any medications you might be required to purchase. Approximately, the total cost shouldn’t go over 6,000$ - these are my calculations.

In case you are experiencing health problems or have been hurt in an accident, you may be able to receive some money from the insurance company. If your goal is primarily cosmetic, then you are on your own.

Really??? I was told by one company that it could go up as high as $7995. I have an appointment with the doctor in about a month. his name is Alex K. Kim. couldn't find any info about him online. but he is in Beverly Hills. I hope it doesn't end up being that high.

Well, maybe I was wrong considering I had info from 2002. Is it possible that it got so high?

I found some info about dr Alex K. Kim. He is Japanese, finished schooling there, and had 9 years of practice. He has been working in Beverly Hills since 1997. He does all sorts of surgeries, from facial until breast augmentation, liposuction, and tummy tucks. He does hair removal and deals with other skin problems. Sounds good, but then again they all sound good on commercials.

I couldn’t find any info on prices. I hope you don’t mind me asking how much you need to pay for the appointment.

the consultation is $49.

I e-mailed Dr. Raj Kanodia about 9 months ago for some information about a rhinoplasty procedure that I wanted done. He e-mailed me back mentioning that the consultation would be around $200 and the cost of the surgery could be as high as $10,000.

Dr. Kanodia charges between $12,000-15 for Rhinoplasty.

Anyone else seen Dr. Kanodia recently?

Has anyone else recently have a Rhinoplasty by Dr. Raj Kanodia? I considering it and would like to get any information regarding outcome of your surgery.

I had a rhinoplasty completed about a year ago. My rhino was extremely tough. He is an absolute master of the art. I doubt that there are many in the world (not an overstatement) that compare to his skill level.

I paid 8000.00 US Dollars for mine.

It's your face, folks. Who cares if it costs an extra 1-3 thousand?!

Once they mess up, it's over.

Do not hesitate to go with Kanodia. My plasty looks 100% natural. If you knew what I had to begin with and what he created, it's almost miraculous.

98% of nose jobs look fake. That's the reality. His work doesn't. (btw, I've been studying art and beauty for about 15 years, so I think I know what I'm talking about). :-)

Btw, a substantial size reduction was completed, but even my life-long friends did not notice. Why? Because it looked natural. I really didn't understand this concept until I walked around Beverly Hills and saw the terrible nose jobs out there.

Just because they are in Beverly Hills does not mean that they are good. Just watch the nose-butchery on Dr. 90210 (Kanodia exempted). You have Dr.'s w/ no business doing the most complex cosmetic procedure. Scary.

Goodluck. You're in good hands with Kanodia.