Hi, I'm new to the site/forum and I'm not all that great with the abbreviations so bear with me. I want some advice/opinions on my situation if you ladies have any.
I am 26 years old, I have been on BC for years, my periods are always regular, etc. As far as the sex life goes; my fiance (who currently lives 2 hours away and I only see on the weekends) and I have sex (unprotected) every weekend. Here is what I'm experiencing:
The first day of my last period was 3/8/07 and lasted the usual 4-5 days. I am due to start again next Thursday 4/5/07. A few days last week/weekend I was experiencing some mucus type discharge when I wiped after urinating (and once it was just already there in my panties before using the bathroom/wiping). At first it was just clear but a couple of times it was tinged with pink. Since then the muscus has ceased but every once in a while when I wipe now there is a slight brown tint to it. This is not normal for me. Is this what implantation bleeding is like??
Also, for the past week or two my nipples have been very sensitive; but I don't necessarily take this as a sign of pregnancy b/c I often experience this when AF is expected. The thing that has me concerned about the possibility of being pregnant is that yesterday and today I have had some pains in my stomach and right side. The "pain" in my stomach is just a dull ache and uncomfortable feeling (kind of low); the "pain" in the right side has been more pronounced...a sudden sharpe twinge...but then it stops. What is that about? I don't normally get that when AF is coming.
The last crucial peice of information is that for the past two weeks I have been on medication for a upper respiratory infection (one of which was an antibiotic) so the effectiveness of the BC was compromised.
Do any of the things I am experiencing indicate that I could be pregnant? I took a HPT this morning that says it can detect pregnancy 5 days before your expected period; it came back negative; but it's actually 7 days before I should start so maybe it was inaccurate. I realize I should just wait to see if I start next Thursday and then retest (or go to the Dr.) but I just thought I would see what sort of information and/or personal experiences you ladies could provide me with.
Also, if you don't mind, please spare me any lectures on using an alternative contraceptive, especially while on an antibiotc, etc. I am an adult, I know all about that; and while my fiance and I are not "trying" to get pregnant per say (obviously not since I haven't stopped taking the pill yet) it would not be a burden or hardship on us if I were.

Two more things...I have also been pretty fatigued lately and last night I was experiencing some major hot flashes when everyone else in the house thought that it was a comfortable temperature; I even soaked the bed/my pj's with sweat while I was sleeping...perhaps this is the elevated basal temp I've been reading about?

So...what happened were you pregnant?