I love taking hot baths. I used to do it every week when I was younger. I haven’t done that for a while because we only had a shower tub in our last apartment. We have moved to a house now, with a wonderful new tub. I have been thinking about it everyday now, but the problem is that I am in my late pregnancy and I don’t know if this is safe. Is there anybody who knows this stuff? Thanx

I was wondering the same thing when I was pregnant. I learned that it is safe if the temperature is set at 100 degrees and below. So, you need to be careful about this. Some experts advice just a quick dip, or making pauses in between of dipping. These limitations didn’t suit me as I really like hot water and lying down for along time, so I decided not to go through that much trouble as I wouldn’t enjoy it so much.

Hot tubs, as in hot tubs not as in hot baths in your bath tub, should be avoided during pregnancy because they can raise your core temperature to higher levels than is good for your baby. So... as for taking baths at home, that is completely safe during the third trimester of pregnancy unless your waters have broken, in which case you should not have a bath because it can cause infection. Just make sure your baths are not, like, really, really hot, OK? You want to avoid your temperature from being higher than 101 degrees F. 

Good luck and hope that helps.