This probably will sound crazy but I have to post this and see what everyone else has to say about it.  I was taking a bath in hot water, the hottest I can stand, and I was soaking not even 10 minutes before I started feeling really bad.  I become dizzy and started getting really confused.  I got up and stumbled out of the tub.  I called for my teenaged daughter to come help me.  I got a towel around me with her help and sat down in the living room. I had her bring me the meter because I felt like I was going into a hypo.  I had her check it for me since I felt so faint.  It was close to 20 mg/dl and she ran and got me some juice to drink.  Would a hot bath bring on a hypo like this?  If it does, I guess I can't have the hot baths I enjoy anymore. :(

I am sorry you had a hypoglycemic episode like that. I do not think that the hot water would have caused the hypo but perhaps made it feel worse?  I am glad your daughter was there to help you through the crisis.  You may want to check your sugar before you bathe alone... that way if no one is in the house, you won't be at risk for having a hypo in the bathtub. Has anyone had an experience like this before?

I feel really weak and sick if I am in a whirlpool at the hotels; any longer than 10 minutes, I start having trouble breathing and I have to get out of the tub or I fear I will faint. I don't know if this is from a blood sugar drop, I figured maybe I was getting overheated and it was causing a blood pressure to lower too much.