Here is my problem. I get cramps in forearms, shoulders, left arm above elbow, neck, below rib cage on the both sides, Sometimes my buttocks go to into convulsion. I assume that those are thoracic outlet syndrome. Am I right? I need some help because my symptoms are overwhelming me.

Well, I have to ask you first have you had x-rays or MRI of the C-spine or EMG’s to rule out cubital or carpal tunnel or Doppler or any other tests? If not, these should be done to rule out other conditions that could cause similar symptoms. If they don't then you are closer to a diagnosis of thoracic outlet syndrome. Don’t be surprised if the tests show nothing. It is not uncommon for thoracic outlet syndrome. The tests are not sophisticated enough to pick up the changes to the small fibers that are the first affected by thoracic outlet syndrome. Once you have these, supposing that other conditions have been ruled out, you should be referred to see a thoracic outlet syndrome expert.

i AM SUFFERING THE SAME THING. I AM SEEING A DOCTOR THAT IS REFERRING ME TO A SPECIALIST AT UCLA, IT IS OVERWELMING IF MY HUSBAND COULD SPEND ONE WEEK IN MY BODY HE WOULD KNOW WHAT I AM GOING THRU. SOMETIMES THERE IS NO PAIN OTHER TIMES "OH MY GOD HELP ME." I AM ON SO MUCH PAIN MEDS ITS INCREDIBLE. MY ARM AT THIS MOMENT JUST DECIDED TO ACT UP.

ITS MY LEFT ARM, I WAKE UP AT NIGHT IN EXCRUTIATING PAIN. AND I CANNOT SLEEP. WRITE ME BACK MY EMAILE ADDRESS IS _[removed]_

LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU. KATHY