I am not diagnosed yet, but based on my symptoms and what I have read about Thoracic outlet syndrome I feel as if it is a possibility for me. I have been having shoulder and arm problems for a while. I have been doing all the things that were suggested to me in that thread, as well as other things that I have read here that helps thoracic outlet syndrome.
I keep my left arm propped up with a pillow when I sit or sleep. And I did tennis ball massage, lidoderm patches, I am gentle with my arm, I don't over-do it, etc. I do stretching for 10 minutes then ice for 5 minutes to reduce any inflammation. My doctor told me that. What else I should do?

I think that you can do more intensive strengthening therapy. You can't do that until the pain and nerve compression are decreased or you are defeating yourself. It will be good if you see some expert for thoracic outlet syndrome. Finally, the therapy often recommended for thoracic outlet syndrome patients is Feldenkreis to teach you new ways of movement that help you do things successfully without pain. It would be good, if you can locate someone who can lead you through either or both of these methods that would be my best recommendation.