I am a senior in high school, and I was told that I had Thoracic outlet syndrome. I'm not sure how it started, but I do know that it began at the regionals cross country race two years ago ( I am a distance runner), because my arms felt like they were on fire, and I couldn't grip and tear my paper tag off to give to the lady at the end of the chute...

I went to physical therapy, but, it did very little, only postponing the onset of the symptoms by about fifteen seconds, after 3-4 months of treatment. However, it has steadily worsened, so that now every race, every practice, even running only a 200m, is excruciatingly painful. Also, my shoulders and collarbone have begun to pop out of place at random times, especially when IO am trying to shake some feeling back into my arms after running...Is this normal? Has anyone even heard of this happening? This has been going on for two and a half years, and it's frustrating, because I used to be a really good runner, but now this is really holding me back....what should I do????

How is it now? Did you get better?
I can't run anymore because of TOS :'(