Hi, my 10 years old son is often complaining on numbness and tingling in his arms. First few times, I thought it will pass, but he still has this problem. Could this be thoracic outlet syndrome? It first occurred to me, because my father suffered from it.

Hi, I had the same symptoms when I was diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome. My arms were weak and pail in some positions, and I had numbness and tingling. I did several different tests until doctor said he’s sure that I suffer from thoracic outlet syndrome. If I remember well, the final test was called venogram. This is the most accurate way to diagnose vascular thoracic outlet syndrome. I am allergic to many medicines, so I decided to try acupuncture for pain. I was suspicious about this method at first, but it turned out to be really helpful. I also had massages and other kinds of physical therapy. You have to take your child to doctor, don’t wait another minute!