I`ve had this problem for about three months now. I have a problem where I feel like my throat is closing up, it gets really really hard to breathe. It happens mostly at nights, and literally every single one. If it gets really bad some days my limbs just start all feeling like they are asleep, my hands especially, and my legs and sometimes even my stomach feels really tingly and my eyes start twitching, and I get muscle spasms in my legs mostly where they will just start shaking and I can`t control it. I have asthma and I thought that it was it at first but inhalers never help. My doctor gave me a Med Pack of Methylprednisolone, Medrol 4mg tablets which I took 6 the first day, 5 the second, and so on down. Helped for a day. I`m constantly tired and out of energy, even only walking up the stairs i get tired. I`m seventeen years old and only 4'11", I was previously 106.5 pounds but since May I`ve been losing weight and have come down to it fluctuating between 87-91. Thing is, I eat about 3x more than I used to when I was 15 pounds heavier, I`m constantly eating and hungry but just keep losing weight. This has been taking over my life because it happens so much and I`ve been feeling so bad for so long, if anyone has any ideas what this may be or has had similar symptoms please tell me, I`m going back to my doctors Jan. 5 and am trying to find informtion to suggest on what it may be.

i had this problem about 10 years ago, accompanied by contractions in my stomach....i went for all kinds of tests for ulcers, etc. ....and no one could help me.........in the er i was given some medicine to relax the muscles....helped somewhat.....i realized that this was probably anxiety attacks.....i think i solved it somewhat by being aware of what causes it....(for example in a crowd of people, it is uncomfortable for me or thinking it might happen again....)....i also had the problem of my throat closing and thought it was asthma... it also started with tingling in stomach, then throat, can't breathe or breathing too much...legs uncontrollably trembling (smacking against the chair..if you lay down, this calms down, try to think about something else, anything, until it slows down....i haven't had these episodes in a number of years now.....once in a while, i have trouble taking a deep breath for a few days, and i go to sleep sitting up to get my mind to quit being anxious and after i am sleeping it is fine to wake up laying flat but the initial falling asleep is tough.......hope this helps....good luck!

I had the same problem and I fixed it with anti-anxiety drugs. The tingling in your hands and feel is probably not hypoxia but hyperoxia. You start breathing fast and hard when your body doesn't need oxygen and it makes you all tingly.

I have been waking up choking and or sometimes a quick gasp for air in my sleep, also having weakness like flulike symptoms

I had these symptoms. Turned out to be babesia which is a coinfection caused by a tick! Check out Lymenet. There is tons of info.

I am having these similar issues. Almost every night my throat starts with an itchy red rash, I begin wheezing and can barely breath. I take the inhaler and it works for a couple of hours then it happens again. I am using my inhaler 8-10 times per day. My last appointment with the asthma specialist he said I might have Laringital spasms or VCD. I don't know, I just want to be able to sleep through the night again

I have had the same exact things that are happening to you happen to me for 5 years .Seen dozens of doctorsthey said allergies grd and nothing helped untill i read a book on sinuses and realized when i breath in my sleep i breath thru my mouth and my throat dries out and the next day come the breathing problems and the muscle aches.So no i use neti pot it takes like a week to make me feel better and i have a new pillow and matress to avoid dust mites.It takes like a week to cure my throat.No hard candies or hard food for throat and no hot ot cold fluids and not to much taliking couse it dreis out my throat.Of course i live in florida where mold and trees and grass are always creating allergies

ive had these for a long time and i have asthma too.. its scary.. ive just been waiting the episodes out. bad or good idea?

MY Brother had his tonsils out a few years ago and now he's having prolems with his throat and stomach. his throat keeps closing up, he feels like he's being chocked and everything upsets his stomach, he has lost 35lbs because he stopped eating at 6pm or he gets sick... the doctors think it might be anxiety, one other doctor thinks it has somethng to do with his previous surgery, anyone has any idea!! i also told him to get checked for lime desease! 8-|

have you been tested for celiac? Blood serum test to find antigens related to wheat/barley/rye consumption (gluten)

Could be allergies and food allergies.